WC qualifiers October 15

Some interesting-ish games around Europe tonight to conclude what has been a boring enough qualifying phase for Brazil

• Group A is already done with Belgium and Croatia well clear

• Group B has Italy home and hosed but behind them any one of 4 teams could make the playoffs,

Bulgaria and Denmark are second and third with 13pts , Bulgaria have a +7 GD tho, Czech Rep are next with 13 and Armenia have 12.

tonight

bulgaria vs czech

denmark v malta

italy v armenia

if bulgaria win they should progress, denmark will beat malta but have 7 goals to make up , armenia are away at italy, the czechs and armenia need to win and hope denamrk dont beat malta

i can seee bulgaria and the czechs drawing and denmark winning 8-0 and going thru, either way denmark will be after goals tonight and denmark -3 / -4 seems a not too bad bet

Group C as we know is done with the Krauts and Sweden

Group D has Holland thru and then anyone from Turkey (16pts), Romania(16pts) and Hungary(14pts) looking for second spot.
tonight
Turkey vs Holland
Romania vs estonia
hungary vs andorra

Romania should smash estonia and are best placed, turkey have a 4 goal advantage on romania but need to beat the dutch ( who hate denis irwin i am told) if Romania win.
Bizarrely Hungary who lost 8-1 in amsterdam at the weekend can progress if both turkey and romania draw and they win by 5 goals
il be backing romania and hungary -2/-3 tonight

Group E

switzerland are there, Iceland (16) and Slovenia(15) are battling it out for second
tonight
Switzerland vs slovenia
Norway vs Iceland
I think Iceland will win in oslo and take second

Group F
Russia top with 21 , Portugal second with 18, Russia have a +7 GD and only need a draw in Azerbaijan
Portugal are at home to Luxembourg
Russia will win to nil in Baku, rendering Portugal’s game obsolete
Israel play Ulster in Ramat Gan also

Group G
Bosnia and Greece tied on top with 22, bosnia have a +17 GD and go to Lithuania tonight and I believe they will win and close the deal
Greece I think are at home to Liechtenstein but it cant see them scoring more than 4

Group H
If England beat Poland they win the group simple
They are 1 pt and 9 goals better than Ukraine who visit san marino
Who knows?

Ukraine -4 or5 should be a safe bet here

Ill prob have a punt on

Denmark-4
Romania – 2
Hungary – 3
Bosnia
Greece to win to nil
Ukraine – 3
Russia

And – 50 euro on
Bulgaria / Czech – draw
Iceland
bosnia
Russia

I have no idea what the odds on this are
The rest of the games are dangerous to call as some are menaingless

fancy Ireland (-2) at 13/5…think King will go all out being his last match…

yeah its reasonable allright
you look at the fixtures the likes of wales should get hockeyed in belgium and austria should be comfortable in Torshavn but these games dont matter a fuck and anything could happen
Regarding the Ireland game , i have no idea what kazakstan are going to bring, they drew in the Faroes at the weekend and are probably sick shit of being on the road, its not a bad call in fairness

romania -2
denmark-2
greece-2
hungary-2
will pay ~6/1 - ive done that
also
single on us to beat NI-1 at at 6/4
backed iceland as well

Wouldn’t be so keen on the Danish bet.

They have lost Bendtner tonight and Malta are not the soft touch a lot of the bottom teams are in other groups. They have won away in Armenia and only lost by more than two goals twice in the group so far. The runners up in this group are pretty much fucked anyway as they look destined to end the campaign as the worst runner up making sure they won’t get a playoff spot.

Aquilani’s goal really fucked Denmark on Friday night.

Think Poland might nick something tonight at Wembley - although they have nothing to play for there will be a large contingent of Poles in the stadium tonight and they will be up for the game. England didn’t convince me against Montenegro where they were effectively playing a team consisting of one very good footballer (Jovetic), one decent footballer (Savic) and 9 nine journeymen.

My bets tonight will be:

Turkey to beat Holland @ 2.70
Germany to beat a Zlatan-less Sweden @1.70
Poland +1 @ 2.75

Will also be putting Scumpot’s Ireland -2 on with that.

The controversy about the FA giving Poland a 18,000-20,000 allocation when the 10% rule equates to only 9,000 tickets amuses me.

The FA and Roy Hodgson said it was a police directive to avoid the large English based Polish contingent buying tickets in home sections. The police subsequently rubbished the claim.

It obviously wouldn’t have anything to do with the recent downward trend in attendances for England home matches and the FA’s pressing need to maximise ticket sales income to meet debt repayments on the recently redeveloped Wembley.

I think Poland have a right chance of getting a result too.

I have one bet which I will be having a large enough punt on

Austria -1 away to the Faroe Islands - 8/11 with Paddy Power.

Boruc doesn’t start tonight for Poland. Sychezny in goal according to twitter

Confirmed

Szczęsny, Celeban, Glik, Jędza, Wojtkowiak, M.Lewandowski, Krychowiak, Kuba, Mierzejewski, Sobota, R.Lewandowski.

Don’t know many of that Polish side?

Where are the likes of Polanski, Zielinksi, Wolski, Boesnich, Perquis and Obraniak?

I know that Piszczek is injured but are all the others or just out of favour?

How does the Asian handicap* (-1 and -1.5) work?

*this is a type of bet not someone rudi would makes jokes about

Very entertaining game ongoing between Turkey and Netherlands. Turkey trailinig 1-0 after the first ten minutes but are unlucky not to be level, there will be plenty more goals in this one, Turkey are pushing loads of players forward and really goes for it which leaves them vulnerable to the Dutch counter attack. The Dutch on the other hand have a central defensive pairing of Ron Vlaar and Martins Indi which is a comical duo.

[quote=“Rudi, post: 846638, member: 1052”]Wouldn’t be so keen on the Danish bet.

They have lost Bendtner tonight and Malta are not the soft touch a lot of the bottom teams are in other groups. They have won away in Armenia and only lost by more than two goals twice in the group so far. The runners up in this group are pretty much fucked anyway as they look destined to end the campaign as the worst runner up making sure they won’t get a playoff spot.

Aquilani’s goal really fucked Denmark on Friday night.[/quote]

Denmark are actually 3-0 up after 30 minutes with one from ex-Celt Morten Rasmussen.

Armenia lead Italy 1-0.

[quote=“Rudi, post: 846672, member: 1052”]Don’t know many of that Polish side?

Where are the likes of Polanski, Zielinksi, Wolski, Boesnich, Perquis and Obraniak?

I know that Piszczek is injured but are all the others or just out of favour?[/quote]
A few out of favour. Polanski injured i think. Obraniak not fancied. Polish mgr is not rated much by the senior players.

Wonderful booing of God save the Queen there. Some cracking Polish birds in crowd tonight.

Lewandowski looking busy

Florenzi equalises for Italy.