Wedding Etiquette

€150 is very generous here unless you are close to him … You’re travelling to fucking Clare and putting yourself up to be there for them.

FFS - Fuck off for yourself.

Very true. Clare is an awful distance to be dragging anyone to a wedding. You would wonder do people have any consideration for their guests at all and the expense involved when they go booking these things

3 Likes

What time are you supposed to start answering calls this morning?

1 Like

Haven’t been paying attention, wheres the bride from?

Exactly. For my own wedding we told people on the invitation we didnt want gifts, just being there was enough (not as if we need the money to be honest)

Some people are just so inconsiderate and greedy around these things.

1 Like

Who gives a fuck? She’s obviously a mutant if she’s willing to get married in Clare.

About what percentage actually gave no gift? Very few I’d imagine?

1 Like

Yeah that was sound of you. It was an actual bargain for people to take annual leave, book flights and accomodation, organise weekend babysitters etc.

How many miserable fucks didnt give ye a present after

4 Likes

Most donated to charity in our name and some gave non cash gifts at home.

1 Like

Would you fuck off. You were making people travel abroad.

6 Likes

Don’t go and give him €500. You’d spend the extra 300 on travel accommodation and drink anyway and you look particularly generous.

Their presence was their present.

1 Like

We didnt force anyone to come and we stressed we were aware of the financial side of things and wouldnt be put out in the slightest if they couldnt make it. We aimed for a very small wedding and we were blown over by the amount of people that wanted to come… Most of her family all have villas over there so we were able to put most guests up. My old lad lives over there also and we used contacts to get apartments for nothing. I did about 15 airport runs over there and made sure everyone was dropped to their door and didnt have to pay for taxis or bus etc.

Would you fuck off @farmerinthecity - I didnt force anyone to go anywhere - and you’d pay as much for a flight to MALAGA as you would in petrol from Waterford to Clare. Gimp.

When you’re explaining you’re losing.

cc @gilgamboa.

9 Likes

I’m not trying to win anything here you sad fucker.

Clare is a beautiful county mate.

1 Like

I have no problem with you going abroad but don’t be coming on here like a hero saying you didn’t want a present.

4 Likes

You seem obsessed with money - I was merely replying to Gilly and I didnt just wade in saying look at me - And I’m a hero anyway - always have been , always will be.

1 Like