Wedding Etiquette

I couldn’t say

Was that not the entire crux of the best mans joke?

We didn’t even get near it but we knew that before we started.

1 Like

If you see the word “Hilarious” in a headline you should know better than to click into it at this stage.

I got married in the teeth of a vicious recession so got a good deal at the time

Especially if its in inverted commas like that. Thats a real giveaway.

It’s the hidden costs that are a cunt.

Flowers and the likes.

Price deliberately upped because it is a wedding.

You would learn from going through it once but the thing is you probably won’t go through it again!

And the horse has bolted of course.

1 Like

Someone probably gave him a house as a wedding present

One of the best moments in life in terms of a wedding is the realisation that someone cannot attend but have put €50 in an envelope for you.

2 Likes

I actually cringed reading that.

11 Likes

You should get something for that constipation mate.

I’m grand pal. I’ve just had a very successful evacuation

Free money

He got the meal at €50 a head and I’ve had worse wedding meals let me tell you.

260 × €50 = €13k
If we assume average gift was €100 that’s €26k.
I know they got very generous gifts from both sets of parents amounting to well over €10k. Then wealthy guests or uncle’s/aunt’s might give a few hundred. They raked in over €45k it’s fair to say.

That leaves €32k to cover band, flowrers, photos etc and you can see how he easily got €20k profit out of it.

At a time when you are handing over cash for stuff you’ve lost track of completely.

It’s like water in a desert.

Easy get 20K profit when you count 10K given by each set of parents. Or was it 10K total?

€50 a head for the meal only, or pre-reception food/drink and evening finger food included?

It couldn’t have been great.

You said he made enough out of it for a new car and deposit on a house. €20k?!!

If you have an average gift of €100, surely then this is factored in and no need to take account of a few people giving a few hundred.

The lowest would be €100 each.

The real money is in inviting people who are already married. Otherwise it’s just resting in your account until you’ve to give it back

5 Likes