Wedding Etiquette

No table quiz tonight to keep yourself sensible for?

On a Sunday ? Ffs.

Maybe I broke my fast and had a few quick ones :tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass::champagne::3rd_place_medal::beer::tropical_drink::baby_bottle::astonished:

1 Like

Some shower of faggots here,

“Oh, I love a good traditional church wedding with the white dress and flowers…”

Who gives a fuck, it’s not about you, your dreams of winning an all-Ireland medal are gone, it’s time for her fantasy

4 Likes

Hardly her fantasy if she’s getting hitched to any of the cunts on here

5 Likes

I was at one of those humanist weddings once, great craic, did it in the hotel so there was no drinking time wasted. A few lads even brought pints into the ceremony (which I thought was a bit much) but we got a right pour on.

Gay weddings are grand . Don’t knock em.

I was married by a ’ Solemniser’, due to the wife being a different religion, when I first heard the name of these fellas I thought they were some kind of pervert

Been to about 7/8 of them (including my own); I’d say about 60% of the weddings I’ve been to in the last 3 years have been non-church. That’s one of the big advantages of them too @Julio_Geordio: very quick turnover from ceremony to beering. I was at one where the ceremony was 5 and we were on the starter by 6

I did the humanist wedding also in a room in the hotel. If you don’t want a registry office or a religious ceremony then it is the best option in Ireland.

The humanist crowd don’t give a monkey’s what you do really (outside of the actual marrying bit!). I had the lyrics to Metallica’s “Nothing Else Matters” and a Queen song within some of the readings :smiley:

It was relaxed, quick but memorable.

On the other hand, we attended a 70 minute plus catholic ceremony in Kerry a few months later with a priest who seemed to be on a power trip. Each to their own and all that, but we were more thankful than ever that we remained staunch against a religious ceremony ourselves.

5 Likes

Surely the priest was on a “power trip”.

A “powerful trip” sounds really good .

Edited :joy:
Predictive text!!

1 Like

Would any have these been second or third bites at the cherry ??

Not one of them.

I have been to two recent weddings where each was a second go . One was humanist and the other a small civil ceremony and to a hotel for a meal and small reception .the irony is the civil ceremony guy is a regular mass goer but can’t be given the sacraments. He is quite strongly principled on this . I can’t fathom it but there you go.

Roaster.

The thoughts of having the same boring done to death wedding is fine for boring unimaginative cunts - don’t be lashing out because others want to experience something else.

1 Like

Lovely stuff. The weekend wedding I attended had some JR Tolkien read by the bride’s brother in a really dramatic and emotive way and also a little piece from The Lion King.

6 Likes

Was the reader dressed as Bilbo Baggins?

3 Likes

I would have struggled not to laugh out loud.

4 Likes

and did ye all get to play with crayons afterwards?

17 Likes

For fuck sake.

2 Likes