Welcome Tony Mowbray

[quote=“McGeady1916”]I will be placing a large sum on celtic winnin the league now

great appointment:pint:[/QUOTE]

backing your own team is one way to the poor house.

that is true KIB man.
betting with your heart is the number 1 rookie error in betting… BUT

celtic lost the league last year to a poor rangers team. that will be the kick in the arse they need to get the league.
also when a new manager joins either celtic or the huns they always get off to an explosive start and usually win the league.
anyway the huns will prob go into administration next year (thats if strachan hasn’t saved them from it with his mis-management)

But sure there’s plenty of value in backing Celtic. Huge odds of 4/5 :stuck_out_tongue:

What was the attitude of the Glasgow Celtic faithful towards Strachan when he was appointed?

was it similar to the euphoria surrounding Mowbray being prised away from West Bromich?

[quote=“McGeady1916”]that is true KIB man.
betting with your heart is the number 1 rookie error in betting… BUT

celtic lost the league last year to a poor rangers team. that will be the kick in the arse they need to get the league.
also when a new manager joins either celtic or the huns they always get off to an explosive start and usually win the league.
anyway the huns will prob go into administration next year (thats if strachan hasn’t saved them from it with his mis-management)[/QUOTE]

The experience of Paul le Guen would suggest otherwise as would Tommy Burns, John Barnes etc but I take your point that a new manager often gives the place a buzz.

Its a two horse race fair enough. Already Nakamura and JVOH two starters from last season have left. No doubt he will bring in new players but its likely that they are to be of lower quality. Of the current squad you could say the Boruc and McGeady have the potential to improve the rest are average enough anyway and McDonald probably played above himself last season.

I know Glasgow Rangers are also shit, broke and a few hidings in Europe could affect their confidence but a title win will bring its own belief. Smith is a wily old campaigner too. Backing your team at 4/5 in those circumstances is nuts imo

[quote=“KIB man”]The experience of Paul le Guen would suggest otherwise as would Tommy Burns, John Barnes etc but I take your point that a new manager often gives the place a buzz.

Its a two horse race fair enough. Already Nakamura and JVOH two starters from last season have left. No doubt he will bring in new players but its likely that they are to be of lower quality. Of the current squad you could say the Boruc and McGeady have the potential to improve the rest are average enough anyway and McDonald probably played above himself last season.

I know Glasgow Rangers are also shit, broke and a few hidings in Europe could affect their confidence but a title win will bring its own belief. Smith is a wily old campaigner too. Backing your team at 4/5 in those circumstances is nuts imo[/QUOTE]
Naka is a huge loss
JVOH’s massive 6 goals will not be missed, nor will his 30-40K wages.
McDonald is a fat whinging little shit - practally refused to play wit sammy cause he said he prefered JVOH so he could mooch goals off him. I would get that little cunt as far away from celtic park as possible.

is it still possible to banish people to austrailia?

Happy birthday Tony Mowbray. I see he was born on the day President Kennedy was assassinated.

1 Like

Mogga looks about 20 years older than he is

Leads Blackburn up . Aided by a Charlie Mulgrew goal .

A decent skin .

2 Likes

A fantastic manager.

1 Like

I believe there’s another Lancashire* team that have been promoted from the same division.

We are going up!

*OK, technically not Lancashire but Wigan is Lancashire, we all know that.