Wexford Festival Opera 2009

Kicking off this night week - should be a belter.

Full opera programme here:
http://www.wexfordopera.com/programme/

Of course, we shouldn’t forget that the Wexford Fringe Festival will be commencing tomorrow night:
http://www.wexfordfringe.ie/

Please, do consider coming to our wonderful town for what promises to be an action packed couple of weeks where you’re all but guaranteed a chase up the main street and a good hiding outside Burger Mac at some stage.

Are you getting the train down to it Bandage?

The Opera Train?

yes, the Opera train.

No, I’ll be travelling via car but I’m not sure what night I’m going to the opera this year, if any.

I’m actually down for the weekend Bandage. Great all this is happening, it wasn’t part of the plan. Won’t be in Wexford town, but will pop down
Whats the Brandon Hotel in New Ross like?

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]I’m actually down for the weekend Bandage. Great all this is happening, it wasn’t part of the plan. Won’t be in Wexford town, but will pop down
Whats the Brandon Hotel in New Ross like?[/quote]

Are you down this weekend or for the long weekend, Kevin? I don’t know anything about New Ross, unfortunately, other than it’s an utter shithole and it’s part of Waterford to all intents and purposes.

This weekend, following is the Jazz, sticking around for first time in years for that. Hopefully some of the jumped up shits that were frequenting it during “Da Boom” will be too broke to come down to it this year.

Good deal on hotel i’ve been told, bird arranged it, she likes Wexford, so who am i to question.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]I’m actually down for the weekend Bandage. Great all this is happening, it wasn’t part of the plan. Won’t be in Wexford town, but will pop down

Brandon House in New Ross is a fine hotel… it does extremely good carvery lunch and have an excellent leisure centre and solas croi health spa

Ya have been checking out the website (which is brutal) and the pool does seem nice. The spa is totally free i believe as well.
Some nice rooms too in the old building.
Wouldn’t be judging a hotel on its carvery though.:clap:

have been there for functions too and food have always been to a high standard… as for the spa id say parts are possibly be free but you will have to pay for treatments and id ring and book in advance for safety if i were you http://www.solascroi.ie/ is the spas website… while the leisure centre is free for guests…

Kevin, this festival event guide might prove useful:
http://www.wexfordfringe.ie/downloads/FRINGEGUIDE2009web.pdf

George O’Connor’s innovative ‘hurling on the quay’ concept will be taking place on Saturday. Like his long puck competition on The Saltee Islands, I’m not quite sure what the long term benefits to Wexford hurling will be.

You also have the opportunity to attend one of Billy Roche’s plays in the Art Centre starring Gary Lydon (Bomber from Pure Mule / some other cunt from The Clinic). Gary is from Wexford too but Lydon is his stage name - his real name’s Gary O’Brien. Gary O’Brien is not to be confused with Gary O’Brien from At The Races.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]This weekend, following is the Jazz, sticking around for first time in years for that. Hopefully some of the jumped up shits that were frequenting it during “Da Boom” will be too broke to come down to it this year.

Good deal on hotel i’ve been told, bird arranged it, she likes Wexford, so who am i to question.[/QUOTE]

she really knows how to treat you - taking you to a 3 star hotel in new ross:rolleyes:

oh dear…:rolleyes:

id be staying away from New Ross kev, kip. terrible for a few pints even

[media=youtube]y2YxqtPPWZM

Speaking of Wexford, here’s some Pierce.

Not a great selection on Youtube. Thunderstorm, I Set You Up to Shake, and Paint a Blue Sky are classics from the man with the weird way of speaking.

new ross has been designated by the government as an area of disadvantage - Kevs bird is bringing him there

Kev’s bird is disadvantaged.

Kev is meeting up with Stephen Nolan so he can give stephen a few tips on how to be more confident.

:clap: