Wexford GAA 2017 - Gorey Gorey, the Messiah is still here!

All it does is confirm my belief that most people are idiots.

I’ve just been sent a video of the queue :joy:

DAVY IS BOX OFFICE!

Post it up there for the craic

I’m assuming its legit, someone can confirm here?

/original/3X/4/4/44cdbe57b4d30570e5b32300a0ec05f65181a1f5.MP4

3 Likes

There are no words

Can confirm it’s legit. Had relatives who started queuing before 7am and there were at least 150 - 200 people ahead of them.

Is it the KK match tickets on the 10th they are queuing for?

I don’t know pal. Back in 2003 Wexford Offaly attracted around 25,000 to Nowlan Park. There was around 20,000 in Croke Park for the Leinster Semi Final in 2004 (when we had no hope - we’re actually going to win this time).

For a couple of years Leinster Semi Final double headers were attracting 55,000 plus to Croke Park.

Wexford hurling is box office when there’s any sort of a roll on. And combined with the Davy factor this is a must see event.

People stand in the rain for concert tickets so why not queue for this when the capacity is tight?

Is this on Sky?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDzEUXJ4BPc

Sorry 27,000. The demand is there. Seeing Cody collapse always gives me a smile.

2 Likes

Most proper hurling men (cc @Sidney) know that tickets will always be available on the day. Queuing for hours on a random Wednesday morning seems bizarre to me. But then I’ve never queued in the rain for concert tickets so maybe I just don’t ‘get it’

1 Like

Most proper hurling men would have a season ticket.

Most proper hurling men will have a man in the county board who “sorts me out”.

Am I right in saying that no event in Wexford Park has ever sold out before?

This game will not be the first such event either.

There are only 20,000 or so tickets available though and a lot of Wexford followers are not really connected to clubs. They’ve no option but to queue.

There are always other options. But people panic due to their sheep mentality.

maaaaahhhhh

spotted on Facebook earlier…

1 Like

It’s Brendan Benson!
cc @Bandage

1 Like

There are indeed but my county board sources told me on Monday night that tickets were very, very tight so it made sense to queue rather than look for other options that may or may not exist for people of the periphery of being in the know.

Fixed