Wexford GAA 2017 - Gorey Gorey, the Messiah is still here!

Any proper Wexford fan will sit in the uncovered stand. The covered one is a wind tunnel and an ice box even if it’s a sunny day

1 Like

Sssssssh. Don’t tell them.

I see Davy is on the way to breaking another County… 35k just to go on a few days warm weather training… As a Clare lad said at the train station earlier this evening, ‘he broke Waterford, he broke us (Clare) and he’s in the process of breaking Wexford.’

I’m really looking forward to the game it really should be a cracker of a game. Any word on injuries? Is jacko, Dev and fanning going to be available? Will guiney start or do we keep him in reserve?

Don’t you lot have more pressing issues to be worrying about?

Covered by fundraising, mate.

10k co. Board. 10k players fund raised., 10k fundraised. 5k short.

It was 10x3=30 and it was all budgeted for and has been paid.

Davy. :clap: :clap: :clap:

5k from selling coffees to the queueing masses at Wexford Park last week.

I don’t think some of the outsiders realise how deep the pockets of our ‘benefactors’ are. This isn’t some flash in the pan Celtic tiger builder we’re talking. A good few self made millionaires who’d happily donate stupid sums to Wexford GAA - as crazy as that sounds.

3 Likes

+1. It just took a driven, organised and persuasive chairman in Diarmuid Devereux to tap into that. Hopefully the mob that have replaced him won’t fuck up all his hard earned gains.

I’m reminded of a story about a previous incompetent chairman, let’s call him der goyle. A Wexford man who had started his own Dublin based business and turned it into a multi million euro operation contacted the chairman of the Dublin branch of the Wexford supporters club saying he’d like to commit something like 50k a year for the next 5 years but only if it went through the Dublin branch as that was specifically for underage teams.

Word got back to Wexford Park anyway and the following day Der arrives to yer man’s work premises demanding he hand over the 250k upfront and that it had to go directly through him and not the Dublin branch. Yer man politely fucked Der out on his ear and pulled the donation.

Eventually the lads in Dublin won yer man over and came to an agreement about how he could contribute but Wexford Park would never get sight of it.

Being bankrupt by Davy is the least of our worries. The chairman we had in place before DD nearly did it themselves with strokes like this and dodgy land purchases and sales. The fact that the board is still standing after all those shenanigans is testament to Devereux. He had some amount of shite to clean up. If only he wasn’t so loyal to Liam Dunne.

Looking forward to it myself, a good buzz about it around Kilkenny. I reckon we’ll learn a lot from Sat nights match and be well able for Tipp in the back door

1 Like

I assume that’s also the same money earmarked for underage that ended up being strictly hurling only after another visit from a delegation party who visited to make sure they got all the money.

1 Like

Another potential Division 4 banana skin with an away clash vs Limerick in the qualifiers.

We will smash them :ronnyroar:

were you at the Carlow game?

Based on that, and of things I have since heard and saw, I have little or no hope that they will go to Limerick and win.

If ye have a bus and 15 lads with boots ye are already 50% of the way there.

2 Likes

sounds like the South Park version of cripple fight about to go down.

1 Like

What have you since heard and seen??