Wexford GAA 2017 - Gorey Gorey, the Messiah is still here!

I’m sure @mikehunt was referring to the appealing sound of the Hores in Horeswood. If you are happy to verify that, then I won’t argue!

Tadhg Furlong country. You never know if you hold off your visit for a few weeks you might even meet the Great Man when he gets home from New Zealand.

I was just watching the highlights of the '96 Semi last night. Rory McCarthy was sensational that day, Larry O immense, Tom Dempsey’s point at the end, Ferdy Kehoe pucking the head off Joe Rabbitte :grinning:
Great days.

Jesus Monkey, do you have some sort of alert for when Horeswood is mentioned on TFK or something?

1 Like

Ye got a handy all Ireland due to our misfiring in 96. Limerick in an AI final, what more could you ask for. We don’t begrudge ye that win, we do 1976 though (before your time) when a SF was stolen from us and we didn’t get to face Cork in the final, a team we were well able for at the time (75/79 SFs, taught them a lesson).

Fuck off with that handy shite. We beat Kilkenny and a brilliant Offaly team, your star-studded lot and then the bolt on certainties and people’s favourite (god love em sure they haven’t won one since '73 and sure look what happened the poor craturs in '94. And sure Gary Kirby has beautiful hands) in the final. We beat what was put in front of us. This “handy” and asterisk shite is just that, shite. And anyone from a county that hasn’t won an All Ireland in 29 years using it is laughable.

That was a poor Kilkennny team, but no question Offaly were good. What happened Offaly that day, given that Wexford team werent in finals before or after 1996? We fucked up. Limerick, God help us.
Soft enough.

Larry Murphy happened Offaly that day.
We beat Kilkenny in the '97 Leinster final btw.

We have the utmost respect for you pal, we have a very poor championship record against you.

We never feared Galway it’s true, but this will be a huge task for us. Can’t see us doing it. It’s a difficult and unclear route to an All Ireland this year as well with the whole blown open by Cork and us.

Thats cos the cunts rarely got to all ireland semi finals, when they did they clearly had a good team, we were just there anyway. After 8 years in leinster where we would have comfortably beaten them 8 times in a row we only got to do it once due to their ineptitude. Good to see them motoring again though we need a hard game to slow down the hype train. Those other cunts, tipp, will be back

2 Likes

Galway have 4 all Irelands and beat Limerick in 2 of them. Should these two be asterixed?

What’s this we business. Carlow wouldn’t beat their shadow.

1 Like

It would seem to be fairly common in @Fitzy part of County Carlow. Seemingly everyone in Carrigduff/Oliver Plunkett Park pretends to be from Wexford.

Christ almighty, it’s hard enough to read a single post from @anon7035031 or @maroonandwhite. Waking up to about 10 bits of dirge in a row from them is a difficult thing to start a Friday morning. I suppose in being lonely Irish men abroad at least they have each other.

5 Likes

+1 (to a degree). @maroonandwhite and @KinvarasPassion used to be entertaining wild cards but their individual decisions to cosy up to the @anon7035031, @ironmoth and @Ambrose_McNulty rural right winger collective has been inexplicable. County loyalty is one thing but this is gross negligence and stupidity. I’m from Wexford but I wouldn’t be caught dead agreeing with and backing up a buffoon like @croppy_boy or @Mac at every turn.

I’d be worried if I had a townie dole scrounger agreeing with everything I said mate so I’m glad to hear that

1 Like

Indeed. You prefer to jog (walk quickly) around the forum supporting a genius like @Nembo_Kid instead.

1 Like

Two nasty attacks there.

Awfully nasty in fact.

Musha.