Wexford GAA 2017 - Gorey Gorey, the Messiah is still here!

Things heating up nicely here :clap:

1 Like

The NOGRA well on top here but plenty of time left.

i might attend the Leinster final .

This won’t puck up till about Wednesday of next week. Only handbags at the minute

The Wexford lads (incl the pretend ones) look to be well rattled. The infighting has begun before a ball has been pucked. I suppose they aren’t too used to the pressure of finals. Shur lads, tis only a game. Don’t be falling out over it.

Where do I file for Nogra membership?

contact @anon7035031 or @ironmoth

It’s going to be so sweet when we smash Galway to win our 21st Leinster final :ronnyroar:

1 Like

Big talk for a small man. What part of Carlow are you from?

14,000 tickets had been sold in Wexford for Leinster final as of last Monday. At that rate there could easily be 30,000 from Wexford alone. I’d expect the attendence to be around 30,100.

10 Likes

:joy:

Is that the best you can come up with?:sleeping:

Too optimistic, Galway face a long trek to Cork for the quarter final which is putting some of the hardcore supporters off going to Croker.

a Galway lad talking about infighting and not being used to the pressure of finals. Fuck sake.

1 Like

The times, they are a changin…

You couldn’t make it up

Get back to footin turf will ye

Regards

Looks like a real lack of pace and freshness in that football team. I’m not sure “momentum was lost” by resting players for the last 2 group games in the league having won the first 5.

I acknowledge we lost those 2 remaining games, the final which followed and the championship game against Carlow to essentially go from 5-0 to 5-4.

But, as mentioned when I predicted our first round loss, those 5 wins were by and large low scoring and narrow wins mainly against the weakest Division 4 opposition and I’d say it’s more a case of the law of averages evening things out.

Westmeath were a cut above both our first team and reserves but the likes of Carlow and Limerick are well capable of beating us on any given day and vice versa.

I think Limerick probably came out of their provincial defeat better than us - it was a respectable display against a more favoured team whereas we fell to the perceived underdog and lost a starting midfielder who gives us a bit of mobility and strength which is lacking in the team. They also have home advantage so I reckon they’ll turn us over.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’d be of the same opinion