Wexford GAA 2017 - Gorey Gorey, the Messiah is still here!

2013, well it wasn’t boccy anyway.

Found it on youtube https://youtu.be/5_20R6vNX4c

1 Like

I was at a wedding a few years ago which Paul Barden was at. He’s a very eager and somewhat accomplished dancer.

Paul Barden was a smashing footballer.

Seen a certain prominent N/E player walking the streets of Gorey today- no limp or no bandage as he was wearing ankle socks. Can only be good news.

1 Like

Unless someone gets broken up next week in training it seems that Murphy and McDonald are fine and we have no new injury concerns.

Reck’s ankle ligament tear was bad and he’s still a few weeks away as is Dunne whose hamstring injury must have been fairly severe too. I think everyone else is available with the exception of those two and McGovern after his cruciate rupture. I’m assuming Jack O’Connor is fine again after being hampered against Kilkenny and coming off in the first half.

He had a good hearty breakfast in the company of another county panellist and someone else and was in jovial spirits. He had no visible limp from what I saw either.

That’s great news. Fingers crossed no new injuries show up this week but I’d suspect training will be light. I think it will be the same 15 that started the kk match.

Im really looking forward to the game and it’s great to be heading back to croker for a leinster final. Us loyal wexford fans have experienced many a bad day up there but I have a feeling Sunday won’t be one of them. Loch Garman Abu…

2 Likes

Fair play Wexico, I admire your confidence and think ye have every right to believe. Either way, lets hope for a great game and enjoy the day.

1 Like

@Monkey_Allen - is Ciaran Deely permanently in London now? Would surely be a future county football manager if he ever wanted it. Himself and David Murphy are surely the profile of lads that the county would need.

He has been in London 5 or 6 years but I don’t think he knows what he will do now. Still interested in working in Europe or Asia but I’d imagine he would also be tempted to move back to Ireland if right job came along.

Fookin Monaghan, they are miles ahead of us. At least it’s at home. The papers will love the Banty angle

I think it’s a massive banana skin for Monaghan. We’re bad for letting the heads drop once Ulster is out of the equation. The last 5 years has seen us dumped out in the qualifiers by absolute shitboxes such as Laois, Longford & Offaly.

Throw in the Banty factor and the hostile native savagery in the crowd, and this has all the hallmarks of an upset.

Wexford by 3.

you dont need to play the poor mouth with our footballers kid. Monaghan by as much as they want.

Crowd estimate - 743 (Wexford supporters 112, Monaghan supporters 629, daft neutrals who think it might be a good game 2)

I think there might be a bit of crowd at this, purely for the Banty/Monaghan angle. We will still lose

If we were to win the hurling next Sunday it’d surely boost the number with the feel good factor and the fact that they’d get to bring the cup out onto the field as well.

Monaghan are so far ahead of us in terms of talent and fitness that we should hardly be on the same field. However they’re hugely reliant on Darren Hughes and McManus. If we could get a big game out of Lyng, Banville and Waters and keep it tight as we can at the back anything could happen (but it probably won’t).

1 Like

We can dream :slight_smile:

The celebrations would be unreal. Dancing, bonfires. It would be electric.

Having thought some more about it, Wexford by 4.

Well lads. Any of ye wexicans recommend a parking spot in kilkenny.