Wexford GAA 2017 - Gorey Gorey, the Messiah is still here!

@Appendage’s attacks on Wexford have brought shame to the forum. He’s ruined the feel good factor around the county.

That’s a bit of an overreaction right there so it is.

And we’ve been in 2 quarter finals in the last 3 years. People would want to cop on to themselves.

It’s the same after most games now.
Generally it’s just kids trying to run on and get autographs.

@Bandage was out there jumping up and down.

Did all the grandmothers get out ok?

1 Like

Last Saturday night ye were entitled to a proper pitch invasion with grown men (and Bandage) lepping around the place hugging each other.

2 Likes

What was the end result of both quarter finals? Also, only 8 counties take the game seriously so getting to quarter finals is not a measure of success.

1 Like

No need to be having a cut at the Rugby lads

I’m refusing to answer that question because I think you may already know the answer.

1 Like

What’s the prob @Mac

I haven’t read all the two threads on Wexford hurling but I have a quick question after a search brought up nothing.

How did PJ Ryan (Fenians KK) end up on Davy’s backroom team in Wexford?

Have the wexicans come back down to earth yet? A Limerickesque invasion for winning a semi-final for FFS

Jim Bolger has allocated an extra few quid to the kitty for suit fittings

There wont be much kitty left when Davy finishes for 2017

The Wexford Co Board put half this year’s budget on us to beat Kilkenny at 3/1.

Sorted.

8 Likes

We know. With a bit of luck your crowd will knock us out of the football so we can cut those expenses away

I find it amusing that this keeps getting rolled out as an issue. Davy is bringing more to Wexford GAA than anyone has in the past 20 years. You can’t put a price on that. And as plenty of cunts of County Boards and Clubs around the country have already shown, nobody goes broke in the GAA.

And finally, if Wexford GAA haven’t the brains to monetise this groundswell, then they deserve what they get, much like previous County Boards who had to spend big to get success, and then didn’t consider how to pay for the expense.

5 Likes

Year 1 does not tend to be the problem.

Let them have their fun.