Wexford GAA 2017 - Gorey Gorey, the Messiah is still here!

Jealousy is a curse of a thing

Every jilted lover looks longingly at what could have been when their desired love prospers in the arms of another. Imagine however if you will, not having even got to dance with the object of ones desire though? Ouch.

Sounds very creepy coming from someone with your history.

2 Likes

Walsh Cup say 6,000 extra punters at €10 each (not sure as don’t go to Walsh Cup games)
National League say 10,000 extra punters at €15 each (not sure as don’t go to league games)
Championship say 20,000 extra punters at ave €20 each (don’t go to these either)

That’s a lot of extra money that Davy has generated not to mention sponsorship and so on. And he has raised his own money too. And we’ve got wealthy backers.

Granted we won’t get the gate receipts but it sure as fuck is easier to get some back if you’ve earned it.

2 Likes

We’ve also a tremendous record of being frugal and not making foolish financial decisions that suit the personal agenda of the current sitting county board officers.

Sigh, a ‘joke’ that falls short, from a short short man.

That’s in the past and is unlikely to happen again in the near future. And we’re still alive and kicking.

In 20 years time we’ll look back at the appointment of Diarmuid Devereux (not Deverix) as the turning point for Wexford GAA.

1 Like

What?

@Mac chill

1 Like

A great, great man. I’d love it if he came back and resumed as Chairman. I understand the top table tried to ban Davy from speaking with him. :laughing:

Brendan is doing some talk on him this week! The Fitzgerald/deveroux axis that has transformed wexford hurling!

1 Like

He’s not wrong.

Davy rang him up

Okay guys, we had the sportfile, inpho and any number of other agencies sending photographers to Wexford’s Walsh Cup and league games to take pictures of Davy. Yet none of them seem to have captured the moment when he emerged from his box on Saturday night and stood up on the seat to take the acclaim of his adoring Wexford public. Has anyone got a picture of this?

6 Likes

They were focused on the crowd rather than Davy

I think that’s Tipperary mate.

Can be applied there too true enough .

1 Like