Wexford town

Have to visit this part of the world with work later this week.

Is there anything in particular I should look out for and more importantly, could someone point me in the direction of a nice carvery in the area.

Thanking you all in advance

thedancingbaby

Avoid it at all costs - try and get out of it and get someone else to go if you can. Am sure Bandage will try to defend the place but anywhere that you have a collection of overweight women calling everyone ā€œhunā€ should be avoided to preserve your sanity.

Itā€™s a beautiful part of the world dancingbaby though Iā€™d be loathe to recommend a carvery as I canā€™t remember the last time I had one in Wexford. Give Appendage a pm and heā€™ll meet you for lunch.

Was in the place twice in my life, once for two days with old work and at the Leitrim match down there. Have to say found nothing untoward with the people but split myself laughing at their accent. I thought Bandageā€™s was bad but it is mild compared to some of the ones I heard down thereā€¦

Lunch options in Wexico:

Whites (Not main street side though)have just started a cavery - recent visits have been enjoyable. Expensive and slow but quality.

Centenary Stores imo is over priced and not great - not a carvery.

Wrens Nest on the quay, is good value and pretty fast - not carvery though.

Dakota - same as stores, owned by same crowd.

Went to Chocolate lately and it took half a fookin hour for my order. Well pissed off but good enough other than that.

So Whites/Wrens Nest would be my recommendations.

Depends on where youā€™re going too. If at south end then the Talbot would be a good shout.

Whatā€™s say you two meet in the Bullring at 12.30pm then? Itā€™s right in the heart of the town where the north and south end meet so you can stroll down towards the Talbot or back up towards the Stores or out to the Wrenā€™s on the quay from there. Make sure you get the St Peterā€™s College tour in while youā€™re in Wexford too dancingbaby.

[quote=ā€œAppendageā€]Lunch options in Wexico:

Whites (Not main street side though)have just started a cavery - recent visits have been enjoyable. Expensive and slow but quality.

Centenary Stores imo is over priced and not great - not a carvery.

Wrens Nest on the quay, is good value and pretty fast - not carvery though.

Dakota - same as stores, owned by same crowd.

Went to Chocolate lately and it took half a fookin hour for my order. Well pissed off but good enough other than that.

So Whites/Wrens Nest would be my recommendations.

Depends on where youā€™re going too. If at south end then the Talbot would be a good shout.[/quote]

Many thanks for the suggestions. Meeting is in South Main Streetā€¦will find somewhere Iā€™m sure.

Actually, am told the Westgate Centre is decent but think its an arty farty type place rather than carvery.

well Iā€™m back and all I can say isā€¦Mother of God

Iā€™ll take that as a comparision to the breathtaking Madres de Dios (Mother of God) tributary to the Amazon in Northern Peru. You must have been impressed then.

Just wondering - how do all you Celtic loving Wexford townies react when youā€™re out and about and people address you as ā€œhunā€? i.e. hows it going hun etc?

Was meaning to ask you last week db, what happened in Wexico to prompt your ā€˜Mother of Godā€™ reaction?