What year did society reach it's peak?

Music reached it’s peak in the mid 90’s pal.

Each year has its good and bad points…2010 was awful though.

1 Like

This is a great thread.

2 Likes

What year did Kildimo Pallaskenry dominate the camogie championship in Limerick mate?

1 Like

:grin: Still going with this lads.

1 Like

Congrats on the big win last week chief

1 Like

How do you know about that?

Don’t want to go off on a tangent here but what the big stupid cunt from Galway mentioned in his rant about the dole lifestyle had been playing on my mind for a while now.
When or why exactly did people stop being ashamed of being lifetime doleys.
In the 80s in Ireland when there were no jobs a lad would nearly go hungry before he signed on,and the welfare classes were treated like tinkers.
Nowadays the long term doleys are nearly proud of their ability to live a relatively luxurious lifestyle without any shame.

6 Likes

Went to england with shovels to build roads and now we’ve cunts crying on joe duffy because poor old jimmy has to live in london and work as a civil engineer.

The email address you use for here is linked to some of your betting accounts. A few of us tried logging in using your password that you use for here and a few others and got lucky and saw all the bets. I’d say you were worried at the top of the hill.

4 Likes

Ha. I actually didn’t get to see the race only watched it back on sunday. I was frantically refreshing twitter in the office on the wednesday.

Society went downhill with the advent of social media and advancements in mobile phone technologies.

Was lucky to grow up (aged 16-25ish) in a time when you could go out on the piss without worrying about the battery on your phone going dead, no cunt tagging you on Facebook in every pub you went to and nobody in your group spending half their night buried in their phones. Simple auld times but good auld times.

Summer of '99 was a great one. Scoring birds and not a care in the world. 17 years ago - fuck me.

7 Likes

I remember plenty of incidents in the primary school yard when fellas were taunted about their fathers being on the dole.
There was even a post primary school teacher who on occasion would have a melt down and get the welfare kids to sit at the back of the class as they didn’t contribute to her wages.
She was some crack in fairness.
Typical bitter spinster type. She’d leather the head off of you as she ripped you, your parents and siblings apart in front of the entire class. The worst thing about her though was that she’d also drench you in spit as she hammered you.

The amazing irony being you are just as useless and unproductive as someone on the dole yet feel the need to sling mud at them. Is it just to cover your hypocrisy? And as for lads being taunted for their auld lads being on the dole, i didn’t know one person in my parish on the dole in my teens, definitely no one i knews auld lad was. What a dilapidated welfare ridden shithole you come from, no wonder you wouldn’t work to warm yourself.

1 Like

SImple auld times are the best of times mate.

Delete your facebook account, only a cunt of thing…

1 Like

Was it a fucking hedge school you went to.
I think there was about 3 or 4 from a class of 25 that had fathers on the dole.
In a town that wouldn’t be unusual, but in the middle of a Galway swamp the class sizes were probably smaller.

Unemployment reached over 17% in 1985, there certainly wasn’t any stigma attached to signing on in the 80s, was fairly fucking bleak as I recall, butter vouchers and EU tinned beef!

1 Like

I doubt you scored many with a chat up line like that.

2 Likes

Myself and a few lads were drinking cans (can’t remember if Tuborg was available at the time @Juhniallio, but I specifically remember one the other lads was drinking Oranjeboom as it was the first time I’d seen it) in my house on New Year’s Eve 1999. We were still knocking around the next morning and decided to ring up random numbers for a prank. We took it in turns and each pretended to be a respectable country gentleman from the Millennium Committ-ee, and informed our victims that we’d had some reports that the Millennium bug was causing certain models of toaster to malfunction, and asked them to see if their toaster was working by setting the dial to the highest setting and toasting some bread. A succession of people fell for this, frantically put on some toast, informed us that their toasters were working fine, and thanked us for alerting them to the possible malfunction.

The hilarity of it all.

8 Likes

That’s one of your best ever posts @sidney. Fair play.