Iraq / Middle East / Murder Thread

Where does it say in the article that chemical weapons were not decommissioned at two sites as you said in your prior post? The decommissioning is not of chemical weapons by the way, it is of the raw ingredients and products like sarin and mustard gas. To be utilized as a weapon, you need a delivery system which is not trivial to produce.
The most significant information in the article (from 2014) is that there was no checking done of Assad’s chemical munitions (the actual weapons as opposed to raw ingredients), as he claimed to have destroyed all of them. Perhaps he didn’t destroy them, but kept them for a rainy day.
The UN claimed late in 2014 that all 1,300 tons of raw materials and finished product was decommissioned from all 12 sites.
People are too quick to believe any old conspiracy theory, with no evidence, but I suppose if you get your news from RT not that surprising.

I find RT humourous to watch…the equivalent to Fox news on the other end of the scale.

One thing thats for sure…there has still been no concrete proof that Assad carried out the attack.

Where is the proof for your statement that two sites were not decommissioned?

I found Putins speech on Tuesday interesting in this video.

I’m pro Russian guys. I hope Putin can civilise the west.

1 Like

West Limerick ?? I fucking doubt it .

1 Like

Bomb Syria
numbers go up
Profit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsQdeAeOEg4
:eek:

Also puts North Korea on notice as the anniversary celebrations go on.
They’ll fire one up to mark the occasion and away we go.

Meh, I expected more from that.

How do we think the Qatar thing will play out.

Germany v Brazil for me with Brazil winning it out.

2 Likes

It’s about Iran. Qatar too friendly with them for the head-choppers’ liking.

1 Like

Head of the US Saudi lobby threatening a coup last week:

Salman al-Ansari, of the Saudi American Public Relation Affairs Committee (SAPRAC), sparked outrage by saying: “To the Emir of Qatar: regarding your taking the side of the extremist Iranian government, and your insulting of the custodian of the two holy mosques. I would like to remind you that Mohammed Morsi did exactly the same and was then toppled and imprisoned.”

The middle east really is a bizarre place. Qatar being called out for funding the Yemeni rebels in a war in which they’ve troops fighting on the other side with the Saudis. The Saudi’s calling out anyone for backing extremists is of course laughable.
The story deserves more coverage. It’s the closest we’ve come to an all out Middle East War which is becoming more inevitable. Proxy wars in Syria and Yemen could be about to foam over.
Iran vs the rest. Even more worrying is the US are obviously tied to the Sauds while Russia & China would be allied to the Iranians.

1 Like

An A bomb needs to be dropped on the whole region.

Exactly like Europe for nearly the entirety of its history.

2 Likes

Is the big one about to kick off? Qatar imports and exports have been blocked, and Iran stepping in to allow Qatar use it’s airspace and sending aid as food runs out in Doha. Local ME reporting saying Saudi has sent Qatar a list of 10 demands via Kuwait.

1 Like

no

2 Likes

Trump appears to be unaware that Qatar houses the largest US military base in the Middle East.

Is he saying the US are terrorists?

2 Likes

As i understand it he seems to be claiming that this diplomatic crisis is an outcome of his middle east visit, but in a good way. Quite ludicrously he claims that this is the region taking action against terrorism, lead by the Saudis.

But in a perverse way he is somewhat in line with US policy in the sense that they are quite willing to support ISIS-style Wahhabist terror provided that there’s no blowback. But anything in anyway connected to Iran is unacceptable terrorism, whether there’s any terror involved or not.

1 Like

Ludicrous is right. What a pushover he has turned out to be. All the pre-election rhetoric about extreme Islam and the Saudis out the window in the blinking of an eye.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$