Iraq / Middle East / Murder Thread

Hmmm. Coca leaves?

I don’t think so …

With flexibility like that Donald would be well suited to TFK

2 Likes

Hmmm. They’ll have to come up with a new way to fund the war so. Bit of Oil there to steal I suppose.

Trump will now be praised for this by the same people who were constantly banging on and warning in dire terms about how Hillary Clinton would attack Syria, merely because he’s their man. I haven’t steamed in and vilified him for launching this attack merely because I despise him, the simple fact is I don’t know if it’s a good idea or not, it’s a gamble with little in the way of a plan backing it up, that could work in a very limited way if it achieves its immediate aim, but it could go wrong in a much bigger way if it doesn’t work.

But surely, if you’re going to go down the road of attacking Syria, as Trump has now done, wouldn’t the US have been far better off with somebody who had a plan, as Clinton clearly would have had, especially if one was to take the dire warnings of her most vocal critics seriously?

The real problem here is there is no plan. And that is exactly what Trump consistently criticised Obama for. If you have no plan, the chances are that it’s better to do nothing than to do something because you feel the need to be seen to be doing something.

2 Likes

The INTERNET never forgets.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ted-cruz-why-ill-vote-no-on-syria-strike/2013/09/09/34750cde-1972-11e3-a628-7e6dde8f889d_story.html?utm_term=.6d697e97c6fd

Ryan: “I believe the President’s proposed military strike in Syria cannot achieve its stated objectives,” Ryan said in the statement that was issued around 12 hours after Obama addressed the nation.

“In fact, I fear it will make things worse,” Ryan said. “The President says a show of force will preserve our credibility. But a feckless show of force will only damage our credibility.”

The term “tactical strikes” is great. Ah no, we didn’t just bomb the shit of them, it was “tactical”.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVo2YCBVgbg

Must be a great thrill all the same, when you get to authorise a massive auld air strike. I’d say he would have given Melania some drilling after that, if she hadn’t been hiding out in NY.

1 Like

She’s running her own Manhattan Project so he won’t get to carry out a surgical strike with massive collateral damage on her.

‘Tactical’, ‘targeted’, ‘precision’ strikes.

Funny how a bombing on subway would never be described in those terms

1 Like

Yeah? Why do they always only end up killing civilians so ?

You don’t think bombing innocents is enough of a reason to be pissed off with him?

Strange.

Its always amazing the stock pub talkers put in other peoples lives

Who Assad?

Going to be hard to win war where you spend $100m on a ‘tactical’ show of force, while a $100 nail bomb in a backpack sends your country into meltdown.

3 Likes

Hannity caught deleting an old tweet…

#

Here’s what he retweeted 10 hours ago:

but that doesn’t explain the tactics the west are using against Russia?

Russia tried to murder the Ukrainian presidential candidate Viktor Yuschenko as far back as 2004 because it saw him as too pro-Western. The present period of Russian aggression in the Ukraine goes back a long way, it didn’t start in 2014.