Whats your party piece?

Currently working on Paul Brady’s On the Banks of the Pontchartrain and Arthur McBride for the ol drunken singsongs, whats your piece?

I do a Eurovision medley that always finishes with a thumping rendition of Eimear Quinn’s ‘I Am The Voice’. The beginning and middle can vary but it always ends with Eimear’s outstanding 1996 winner. However, the medley is not restricted to Eurovision winning songs but they must be Irish entries - I can do an excellent Dervish and Brian Kennedy too for example.

Other than that, I do Angie by The Rolling Stones and, yes, my version is superior to the original.

I can also do a few Irish and Celtic songs but I save them for match occasions.

The Lark in the Morning or Joe McDonnell usually get murdered when a few drinks have been taken.

People always request my hometown anthem - The Rose of Mooncoin - but it’s getting quite tedious now.

is it better than Chirsteeeeeeeeees version

absolutely brutal singer but I have sang hand me Down the Bible a few times, easy one to sing coz you just roar away and most people know enough to join in

If I was singing for shit I wouldn’t even win the smell, but that still doesn’t stop me when I’m langers singing The Irish Rover, generally at after wedding residents bar festivities for some reason. Have’nt gave it a bash in a few years now but I’ve to do groomsman in August for my friend so it might make a not so welcome return then, time will tell.
Always a good one as most people know bits and pieces of it and can randomly join in at will shouting etc.

Usually break into the Rare Auld Times but usually only on away trips outside Dublin. If there’s a guitar about then usually a bit of Libertines.

Pissing in the fireplace.

gallipoli by the fureys…great song to sing when half in the bag.

Auld Triangle - requires a good singer which I aint
The Foggy Dew
Thousands are Sailing
Bottle of Smoke

Bottle of Smoke? Farmer,that is one of the best songs of all time.
But it isn’t one to sing along too,Sit down by the Fire,thats a tune.

Thousands Are Sailing by the way,pure class.
Not one of McGowans,Phillip Ryan(Chevron)

I don’t know Manus - something about some drunk lad roaring out Bottle of Smoke with its ‘fuck’ in every second line is deadly I think…

Thousands are Sailing is indeed utterly brilliant.

We’ll let McGowan off for not writng it. He only came up with Rainy Night in Soho, Pair of Brown Eyes, Lullaby of London and Broad Majestic Shannon…

Master McGrath… the ode to the fines dog to ever come out of waterford.

Cant really sing though, doesnt stop me when full of porter

you have gone up several notches in my estimations now mbb…what a legend of a tune…

i normally sing:
the ballad of billy reid
a snipers promise
the island
or the gambler…

hangbaa a friend of mine is always singing master mcgrath…

[quote=“The Puke”]you have gone up several notches in my estimations now mbb…what a legend of a tune…

i normally sing:
the ballad of billy reid
a snipers promise
the island
or the gambler…

hangbaa a friend of mine is always singing master mcgrath…[/quote]

the first two songs are great songs puke

even better when sang in a dark room with a cigar and full to the neck with bacardi…snipers promise especially…very underrated…

a serious enough song though

tis indeed…can be a bit of a mood killer at times…another song i really like and often sing is “my last farewell” or at least i think it is called that…another powerful ballad…