Which underated midfielder has 19 goals in 13 games this season?

There’s none so blind than those that do not wish to see Bandage.

he wasnt a striker- how many times do i have to tell you there are more than 3 lines in football formations:rolleyes:

Totti played in a position similar to Robbie Keane the last night. A deep lying centre forward in the Teddy Sheringham mould.

Any reason for his appalling record at international level. Roy Keane a defensive holding midfielder has the same amount of goals as him. Care to comment?

Not many noticed him. He was anonymous throughout.

I believe he scored a decisive winning goal in one of the knock-out matches.

A penalty against Oz…wow :rolleyes:

Why was he such a failure at international level though? Surely those who have followed his career closely like NCC and yourself can enlighten us? What is his record like in the knockout stages of the Champions League also?

why bother- you are talking to a person with a base knowledge of football - only recently he realised that teams dont have to play 442 - thats what you are dealing with - never forget who was on the pitch in that final where totti was man of the match - zidane ,trezegol,henry,del pierro,cannavaro,
he was the playmaker of the team that won the world cup & Fifa recognised his contribution too in that tournament - hopefully lippi will beg with him to come back for this world cup

[quote=“north county corncrake”]why bother- you are talking to a person with a base knowledge of football - only recently he realised that teams dont have to play 442 - thats what you are dealing with - never forget who was on the pitch in that final where totti was man of the match - zidane ,trezegol,henry,del pierro,cannavaro,
he was the playmaker of the team that won the world cup & Fifa recognised his contribution too in that tournament - hopefully lippi will beg with him to come back for this world cup[/quote]

Is Totti any good at marking space?

9 goals is a very paltry return. I personally see him as the Italian Matt le Tissier myself. Big fish in a small pond but outside of his comfort zone he struggles.

Just correcting your factual inaccuracies is all. Totti was exceptional in the semi-final against Germany also. I’m not sure you understand the role of a treq in that you regard Totti as a striker, compare him to strikers and talk singularly of goals. He was the creative force of the World Cup winning team, was in the FIFA squad of the tournament and was official MOTM in the Euro 2000 final also. You don’t understand that and that’s fine too. :rolleyes:

[quote=“KIB man”]Is Totti any good at marking space?

9 goals is a very paltry return. I personally see him as the Italian Matt le Tissier myself. Big fish in a small pond but outside of his comfort zone he struggles.[/quote]

do you know what position he plays? funny how you write off his heroics in the 06 world cup yet he was named in the 23 man squad of the tournament- this suggests you are an idiot

so far he has won:
Winners
Serie A : 2001
Supercoppa Italiana (2): 2001, 2007
Coppa Italia (2): 2007, 2008
Winners
UEFA European Under-21 Championship: 1996
Mediterranean Games (Under-23): 1997
FIFA World Cup: 2006
Individual
Serie A Young Footballer of the Year : 1999
Euro 2000 Team of the Tournament
Serie A Footballer of the Year (2): 2000, 2003
Italian Footballer of the Year (5): 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007
ESM Team of the Year (3): 2000-01, 2003-04, 2006-07
FIFA 100
2006 FIFA World Cup All-Star Team
Serie A Top Scorer : 2006-07
European Golden Shoe : 2006-07
USSI Silver Ball (Serie A Fair Play Award) : 2007-08
Roma all-time leading scorer
Roma all-time highest number of appearances
[edit] Orders
5th Class / Knight: Cavaliere Ordine al Merito della Repubblica Italiana: 2000[17]
4th Class / Official: Ufficiale Ordine al Merito della Repubblica Italiana: 2006[18]

KIB is indoctrined with 442 kick & rush, he sees football as a sport- i see it as art -thats the difference, also a number of french players said they sacrificed their attacking flair to cover him in the world cup final as they still had sleepless nights afetr the euros- many commentators see this as one of the reasons they underperformed in the final

totti the creator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHiv3JngHoU
eature=player_embedded#

[ame="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJXXtDQOWe8
eature=related"]YouTube- How to make a counter attack with Totti ![/ame]

Unfortunately Tottis domestic titles will always be qualified by the suspicion that they were bought.

Despite Fifa saying otherwise Totti was irrelevant to the World Cup winning side. A passenger in the games he played in. He was just coming back from injury which was the reason given for his lack of impact.

In truth Totti has a dismal record in international football and the knock out stage of the Champions League. He is infamous for his spitting episode that saw him disgraced in an international shirt.

Disappointing that there is no one on here who could debate why his goal scoring record at international level is so poor. 9 goals only :eek: why is he even being considered for an international return ?

I think KIB man’s posts on The Prince of Rome have to be qualified by the fact he doesn’t know the difference between a striker and a treq. The forthright tone doesn’t really mask the factual inaccuracies and the lack of base knowledge of football formations, positions and tactics.

thats actually quite a salient point & one I will bear in mind when reading KIBs future posts. do you think that the forthright tone is a defense mechanism by KIB as he lacks the basics of football formations positions & tactics

[quote=“north county corncrake”]totti the creator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHiv3JngHoU
eature=player_embedded#
[/quote]

That passing machine video deserves to be embedded. The finest passer of a ball in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHiv3JngHoU&

Factual accuracy - 58 caps, 9 goals

A similar ‘treq’ - free role behind the striker - Roberto Baggio 56 caps, 27 goals.

Totti has a fantastic scoring record at club level - 427 apps, 187 goals. Using the same source as NCC, Totti has operated as a treq and a second striker at various stages during his club career neither of which particularly diminished his goal return.

But what happened him at international level. Why is his goal record so poor. Considering he played on one of the world’s best international sides for the majority of his career its baffling.

:smiley:

Coming from ‘when they have the ball get everyone goal side, when we have the ball get it wide quickly’ .

Interestingly who was the last decent Italian wide player?

Coming from ‘when they have the ball get everyone goal side, when we have the ball get it wide quickly’ .

Interestingly who was the last decent Italian wide player?[/quote]

i have been talking for a while on here about managing space,formations- speicfic roles in teams etc etc- unfortunately it appears your knowledge is based on andy gray & shoot magazine - but & this is very important - i am still willing to engage with you about football if & this is a big if, you see these discussions as a learning experience & realise that football isnt totally reliant on 442(1 ball winner 1 playmaker in midfield, 1 fast striker 1 strong striker etc etc) - there is a world of football out there mate- go & discover it