Why should there be jobs set aside for women in universities?

This is is annoying me @
@anon61878697 @Julio_Geordio @flattythehurdler @caulifloweredneanderthal

1 Like

Toilets need cleaning and food needs cooking Joe.

A lot of students miss their mummies, these ‘employees’ have maternal qualities which help them adjust.

Planning permission being sought for a new knicker factory beside Leinster House

1 Like

It’s blatant sexism but it’s ok cos it’s only sexist against men :rollseyes:

1 Like

Pisses me off

To try and correct the imbalance where only 21% of professors are women while 54% of graduates and 52% of lecturers are women. Irish Universities are run like boys clubs where women are allowed in at the ground level but not allowed progress.

Time for Ireland to join the 21st century.

8 Likes

Have a sex change and apply?
Is there a quota for trans-gender?

1 Like

How else can young attractive women qualify for jobs as tg4 meteorologists?

Horseshit. Men publish far more research than women do, even in disciplines dominated by women such as humanities and social science. This is just more equality of outcome nonsense.

So, you’re reaching a conclusion even though the authors of the study deemed the disparity unexplained.

Interesting example of confirmation bias.

1 Like

What conclusion?

Do you reckon motherhood has anything to do with it? Most progress professionally would be made between ages between 30 to 40. Is a univariate analysis based on gender an accurate metric to base this purported research.

The conclusion that it’s equality of outcome nonsense. It’s far more likely due to equality of opportunity. There have been at least three if not more gender discrimination cases settled by NUIG alone this past decade.

“Cases settled “ :sweat_smile:

I was saying that Female only professorships are equality of outcome.

If that’s the case then sort the problem. The answer is not more discrimination.

Hardly nowadays? I would have thought very few professional mothers stay at home to mind their kids.

No, they are a means to correct the imbalance. It’s like affirmative action after civil rights, you have to bridge the gap somehow. I agree shouldn’t be long term.

In that 10 year timespan they may have had a family and missed a large chunk of their career so professionally due to biological reasons they are lagging behind their male counterparts based on time served/experience if nothing else. I wonder was any thought given into how the other females miraculously achieved their desired outcome which is now inherently debased by institutional discrimination.