Wikipedia

Just gave a donation there to help jimmy and the lads keep the bills paid. Fuck me it’s an unreal service free and with no ads. Probably doesn’t get the credit it deserves. Yell probably tell me now jimmy is a far right paedophile

1 Like

I did the same earlier in the week.

I’m on it everyday. Tremendous website.

According to the far right, donating to Wikipedia equates to donating to all sorts of evil lefty, liberal causes.

Didn’t someone post up a thread here recently claiming the money was going to weird places and not maintaining the site?

2 Likes

yep

In fairness, the site hardly needs much maintenance. It hasn’t changed much since I used it to reference back in 2005

There used be chat about it being inaccurate years ago I’d say it’s fairly accurate now is it?

A cost of living crisis, and lads firing money at Wikipedia. I was reading a bio for someone on the site the other day and it listed two wildly different dates of birth. Wikipedia is grand for bit of a look once in a while, but you wouldn’t be hanging your hat on the “facts” published there.

2 Likes

Was if a Galway hurler?

No it wasn’t, smart-arse.

Well, it was in a way. It was Ciarán Fitzgerald, who would be better known as a Galway rugby player.

You’d have to assume the 1952 date is correct unless he was a banger at minor.

I have it on fairly good authority that it is.

They obviously give the volunteers a few bob for writing the articles.

Not sure about that…

I enjoy going onto mildly famous people I know well and updating their Wikipedia page. Adding random fake facts that are very believable. Some day it will come in handy

1 Like

Submitted a new article (twice) and was rejected (twice). Apparently Limerick Leader match reports don’t cut it for references with the cunts. So I just bypassed their bullshit, created a stub and expanded it. There’s one editor in particular who’s been hounding me. It’s hard work.

2 Likes

HJM?

2 Likes

Say what?

Jaysus