With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Expenses?

Of course, yes. I’ve tried to blank out being sent away to Shannon for weeks and months on audits but accommodation plus meals would have been expensed.

it’s an interest only mortgage to a man who can obviously repay it. Non story

in tech, a grad with a masters will start 37k, that’s what the latest is anyway

Can a young person age say 24 from say Mayo have any decent standard of living in Dublin on that ?

Compared to mayo a hobo in Dublin has a decent standard of living

10 Likes

I will bow to your experience .

1 Like

Different models though.

Trainee accountants are just that, trainees. They take a lot of study leave time and the exams cost money.

Trainee solicitors are paid for drinking at Blackhall for a few months but are worked like dogs when in the office. It was really the London firms arriving into Ireland to take talent that drove up trainee salaries though.

Ooooft.

1 Like

On 24k prob end up with 1750 per month.
Share a house with few others including bills 600 a month
Bus/luas 50 a month

So 1100 a month to feed yourself, dress yourself and get blackout drunk every weekend. Surely manageable if you have no debt or no car costs etc.

1 Like

i dont know ashman, i never lived in the city
you’d wonder tho what these lads at facebook, google and yahoo are on, these paddy cosgrave types who want to walk or skateboard to work and are paying 2.8->3k/month to live in some 2 bed Alison O’Riordan arrangement in Hanover Quay
the young lads with me at the mo tell me its only dopes from places like portugal who live there and for say a 2 bed , they’ll put in 2 couples who want the whole “living in the city” so they can walk to eateries with hip young singletons CC @myboyblue
if youre on 37k a year, ull take home about 2.4k a month?

3 Likes

“Talent”

1 Like

Whats a good wage in a provincial city in Oireland nowadays guys?

Serious question…

Listen it’s not their fault that you had to settle for commerce

You’d want 3500-4000 a month to be comfortable nowadays mate…in Limerick anyway…Dublin obviously is a different story.

V achievable if you’ve the right attitude and work ethic.

What’s that gross salary, 80k?

About that yeah…I’d be in line to get that in the next couple of years.fingers crossed…(might be 4/5 years)

To be some bit comfortable you need to be aiming at that in my opinion.

Seriously?

Per household or per person?