With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Same for us, in fairness given the climate its probably fair enough.

We’re staying with the same bank so its not too bad - can transfer the life insurance at least.

This has just gone through
:sun_with_face:
https://www.spencerauctioneers.com/agent/7305/property/659130/Development-Site-For-Sale-in-Oughterard/Derrymoyle-Oughterard-Galway

18 Likes

Oughterard? I hear you’re a racist now Flatty??

2 Likes

No Brown Trout.

1 Like

Did you buy eglington house as well?

Was thinking the same, Lord Eglington

1 Like

No mate.
I have other plans.
Just the moorings.
Great spot for swimming also.
Does anyone know what the crac with putting a shed on it would be?

My Lord’s and ladies may I introduce Baron flatty, Marquess of oughterard :smile:

Posh people I knew who had a house in Oughterard pronounced it Ooterard probably to distinguish themselves from the yokels. Cc @flattythehurdler

3 Likes

I can confirm this. As a kid we used to stop off in the convent there to visit my aunt, a nun, on family trips to Connemara.

The two old ladies who gave me orange and biscuits, I later discovered, were girls who had entered the Maghdalene Laundry and never recovered/left. Shortly after one of them died, a man from America came to look for her - her son.

3 Likes

The silent GH distinguished those of a better class from the guttural spluttering Gaels. The Earl of Iveagh pronounced Ivah was a good example. Upwardly mobile Gaels would disgrace themselves trying to pronounce this and saying Ivy.

1 Like

A lot of Gaels pronounce Croke Park as Crow Park.

3 Likes

Coldslaw

3 Likes

Congrats mate. Be a great place for the TFK BBQ/ Charity Swim of the summer of 2021.

1 Like

I’d pronounce it with a cough. Fair few protestant ascendancy kicking about the place, and a few D4 heads who fish have houses down the glann road, the far end of which is absolutely beautiful.

It would actually.

1 Like

No ghillie, no party

Is there any where you can find out if a property/mortgage has been defaulted? There’s a place up the road that has been sitting empty for nearly two years - tree down in the garden from a storm last year and tonnes of shite stuffed in the letter box… one of the neighbours reckon your man defaulted on payments and fucked off … mrs and I like the property.

Any swans knocking around?

You’ll be the first to know.

1 Like