With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Thinking of doing something similar. Do mortgage repayments get a sabbatical while you’re renting or is that even an option?

Would you not try Dooradoyle or Raheen or that side of Limerick? Surely some houses there.

I didn’t ask in case it would be used as a negative when considering the application.

No, I need to stay reasonably local for child minding purposes.

Contrary to popular belief I don’t have that much time on my hands.

IMHO there is plenty strategic defaulting going on. Mainly to force a situation where a compromise will be made by bank. But at a guess I’d say 20% maybe of all long standing arrears cases are stratelic defaults. And of those I’d say only a v small percentage could really be making full repayments.

I’d say a lot of v high earning professionals would chance their arms more quickly than someone of more modest means. Mainly through a greater understanding of the system, inside info and much better legal advice.

It’s a problem but not close to the top of the list of problems

1 Like

Shur you’d spin out the road in 20 minutes.

It would

:rolling_eyes:

:rollseyes:

:eyes:

I doubt you’ll get anywhere to rent for a few months lad,you’ll either have to pay for the year or pay extra monthly.Buy a mobile home while your building then sell it afterwards.

1 Like

Looks like you’re moving back in with the parents for a few months, @TreatyStones.

1 Like

woah woah woah

just because he is a doler you shoudnt expect him to do mundane tasks for you

1 Like

Hardly be because its a bad time of year? Maybe more places come up in next few weeks as people move jobs?

You’d be better off ringing one of the estate agents in NCW as they might have stuff not on daft. Don’t know how effective daft is outside the cities

I have a few leads locally that I’m following up. Seems to be a few places for rent via word of mouth as opposed to people actively seeking to rent them out.

you have a rake of properties, let him stay in one of yours?

That would involve kicking out the multiple families of non-nationals paying me cash. Why would I do that?

for an e-friend

@TreatyStones - I’ve a 2 bed apartment in Athy you’re welcome to take if you wish.

1 Like