With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Yeah the Limerick rental market is an utter disaster there is a severe shortage of places to rent and of those that do turn up on daft they are usually run down and overvalued (rent wise). I’ve been monitoring it the last few years, good luck finding anything worthwhile soon. Better off pursuing other channels like you say.

Did you ever buy that property in Limerick?

Nope

Eddie strikes again

1 Like

Welcome to last week.

Don’t tell me I’ve to do last week again? It was torture enough the first time

1 Like

Lads he’s some operator :smile:

It’s actually some going to keep missing so badly. Even by dumb luck you’d imagine something you tried would work out ok. Buying property in Detroit :joy: What the fuck would any of them cunts know about buying property in Detroit FFS. It’s really cheap so it must be good value :laughing: Apes.
The worst thing is people are making a killing out of buying distressed property in the right areas of Detroit, but these cunts obviously did it arse ways.

Also @mac sorted me out with a rental property through a contact of his from the landlord association :clap:

1 Like

The sneaky cunts gave themselves a nice paper return after the first year of investment by marking properties at their current market values. Which obviously want their current market values at all.

You got something that wasn’t ‘advertised’?

1 Like

Might need that @Mac fellas number in a month or two…

If you hold out for a couple of months further you can have the house that @treatystones will be moving out of

2 Likes

Is there anywhere one could look up types of building extensions and what they cost? I know this a “how long is a piece of string” question depending on the building etc but even ballpark figures would be good. Specifically kitchen extension.

TFK has an online @Gman calculator if you input the details.

1 Like

The South Dublin market is fizzing at the moment. Look at this for outstanding value:

https://touch.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/ranelagh/8-beechwood-avenue-lower-ranelagh-dublin-1374350

€950,000 for a 2 bed house with no off street parking. And a BER of F.

Anything from €1,000 to €1,500 a sqm but really depends on the overall size (as in your cost per sqm will probably go down the larger the build).

1 Like

I just bought my third property. Went in told the real estate agent interested in the house have everything sorted and ready to go and I wont be messed around or else I will walk away.

A serious operator.
You are to house buying what @Fitzy is to paper sales.

1 Like

Ah I will get rid of one of the other properties later in the year when we are all sorted on this purchase. The main thing is not to let the seller and real estate get away with acting the cunt and they try. Go in with all your ducks in a row and say you are ready to go but wont accept any messing.

Only looked at one other property before this one. As they say when it is right you will know it when you walk in.