With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Approx a100 euro a square foot with the new regs… that would be finished.

8 minutes is the ideal commute, I believe

As usual when it comes to advice its the natural roasters like @Kinvara’s Passion[/USER] and [USER=1517]@carryharry who are bang on the money. I’m glad to be their king.

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 1041820, member: 109”]I haven’t a notion.

All I’d say is if you know what you want to end up doing then just do that now. Don’t bother buying something to hold for a few years as circumstances will change.[/QUOTE]

Who is in the know on the TFK, KP, Fran, Tassotti?? I have a pre planning meeting later this month with the Co.Co about a site the wife has received so I may have a number of questions about the cost of building and I don’t believe a word that Bruce Shaw fella says!!!

I have a 30 minute commute and its too long.

Somewhere you can get a taxi home for less than 20 euro after a heap of pints is the yard stick.

1 Like

:frowning:

A decent house in Moyross, is still in Moyross though @Fran

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1041826, member: 686”]I have a 30 minute commute and its too long.

Somewhere you can get a taxi home for less than 20 euro after a heap of pints is the yard stick.[/QUOTE]

My new commute is 5 minutes/2km. I have the feeling I might have to get rid of the diesel

Builders are still getting their heads around the new regs so very hard to get prices nailed down.

If you have access to money explore passive. Most new houses spending at least 1000 per year on fuel…

PM me if you want, @Gman would probably be better equipped to answer your queries but I’ll see what I can do

I’m out of touch with Irish Building Regs, they are probably just catching up to where England was 10 or 15 years ago, usless Irish cunts, do they even have Part M mobility there yet?

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1041826, member: 686”]I have a 30 minute commute and its too long.

Somewhere you can get a taxi home for less than 20 euro after a heap of pints is the yard stick.[/QUOTE]

You’re some prick, you got thick with us when we told you not to take that job in Tipp. More money you said. Hmm, now look at you :mad:

Might keep me away from town every Sat night. If I’m being honest a 15 min commute would be perfect, nothing worse then giving those cab drivers 40 euro after a feed of liquor.

Depends on your own skills, type of friends you have etc.
if you are anyway physical and able to pick things up you could labour with a decent first fix carpenter and do a hell of a lot of it’s retry cheaply. Finding a good all round lad would be ideal. If you bring each trade in individually or get a “builder” in, it will be a lot more expensive.

No point having a diesel pal unless your driving 400+km per week imo. Saying that I live in Limerick City and work in Castletroy but hate the idea of buying a new car :smiley:

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1041836, member: 686”]Builders are still getting their heads around the new regs so very hard to get prices nailed down.
[/QUOTE]

This the new Building Control Act?

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1041845, member: 273”]Depends on your own skills, type of friends you have etc.
if you are anyway physical and able to pick things up you could labour with a decent first fix carpenter and do a hell of a lot of it’s retry cheaply. Finding a good all round lad would be ideal. If you bring each trade in individually or get a “builder” in, it will be a lot more expensive.[/QUOTE]

That’s the worst sales pitch I’ve ever read

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1041845, member: 273”]Depends on your own skills, type of friends you have etc.
if you are anyway physical and able to pick things up you could labour with a decent first fix carpenter and do a hell of a lot of it’s retry cheaply. Finding a good all round lad would be ideal. If you bring each trade in individually or get a “builder” in, it will be a lot more expensive.[/QUOTE]

It depends on how highly you value your own time also

Good post, I’d have a lot of friends and family who are carpenters,plasterers, builders etc. I’m definitely going to look into is as the lads said I’d prob end up staying in the 130k semi detached for good and never moving out to the county which is what the end goal is. Getting planning permission is possibly the biggest obstacle to overcome I’d say, particularly if you’re not from the area.

He’s not building a shed in Africa you fuck wit!

1 Like