With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

I don’t know how or why some of the lads here put up with it.

I suspect if you refer to the numerous alcohol threads you’ll see.

1 Like

Sitting in a building site watching Des Cahill dancing

4 Likes

An outside wall.

This sounds like a great plan. There’s money to be made for guys that are ballsy enough. I had to laugh there at other lads talking about cashing out. There’s plenty more milking left in this cash cow.

I think he should buy two. Buying one is just leaving money on the table.

1 Like

That’s a good way of looking at it. He strikes me as a strong negotiator, and if he has the money to do it, he definitely should.

It is a pain in the arse. If you do it set ground rules from start. No texting or ringing you unless house is on fire etc

If you get bad tenants it is tiring.

TFK is built on miserableness.

Les.

1 Like

I’m giving that a sigh, you cunt

2 Likes

House in Ranelagh sold for €350,000 in June 2015 is now for sale once again at €725,000. Don’t think anything has been done with it in the mean time as it seems to be divided into flats at the moment and has a BER of G.

@Gman - how much am I talking to renovate a redbrick property of say 1,500 square feet and extend it by 300 square feet? €200,000?

Depend on the scope of renovations Brian but €200k would go a very long way for a house that size

buys as many houses as you can lads, even if it goes wrong, In Ireland, you will be never held accountable

1 Like

What’s the significance of the brick colour?

Sorry @Fran - should have tagged you also.

Signifies it’s a period property.

1 Like

:rollseyes:

No problem Brian, it would be more @Gman’s area of expertise

had a job recently near @fran actually similar to what you are looking for. Existing bungalow building, 1300ft2 and they wanted to knock the back kitchen extension which was 160ft2 and and build an extension onto it then for about 550ft2, so was ending up at about 1600ft2 and attic space of 900ft2 (but not fitted out). Few minor renovations internally and putting in an attic floor and basic walls in that. Came in at €192k incl VAT. And nothing over the top in terms of work needed for it or massive increase in spec or anything. Just a load of shitty little alterations throughout and new windows etc. As @fran says, €200k would be a nice tidy sum to be able to put onto an existing build. All the better if the existing services in the house are in decent condition.

2 Likes