With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Colleague / pal purchased a red brick in Dublin 6 this time last year. House was in decent condition albeit needing a lick of paint and some work on the windows to insulate. The house next door has just sold for 25% more.

I enquired about a house recently and was informed there were 6 active bidders.

It’s fucking mental out there. I don’t know where people are getting the money.

Ballsy people were buying houses at the height of the recession, mate.

2 Likes

Are you as well off putting a bulldozer through some of these bungalows and starting again?

How much value would have been in the old house?

It’s a combination of private company money and people getting deposits from their parents.

2 Likes

sometimes you would yeah, but then you are into planning issues. you could stick an extension out the back and up the way with minimal planning problems, knocking it and starting fresh whilst might be as handy, will be a bit more costly in design teams and build cost, but also the planning problems you might face. Can often be dependant on where the house is located. if you already have the house, it’d be more cost effective to expand in most cases.

2 Likes

@balbec, who the fuck is this guy?

A no mark loser.

The loading for the address on houses in Dublin 6 is crazy, there’s no value there.

1 Like

W[quote=“Mac, post:406, topic:19703”]
@balbec, who the fuck is this guy?
[/quote]

By the sounds of it he must be a big shot property owner.

Or a slum landlord

1 Like

Lads Dublin is gone insane. The missus sister moved out of an apartment they were renting for €1,000 a month and it’s gone back up at €1,500. It is a fairly small one bed apartment in D6. Nice location but the apartment was very old. They were renting it for €800 when they first moved in around 5 years ago. So nearly 100% inflation in 5 years.

When I moved up to Dublin at the floor of the property market we had a fairly shit house but it was 3 beds in the heart of D4 for €1200. All the rooms were bigger than the bedroom in that one bed.

You’d want to be earning some bread to be renting in Dublin now. Glad I’m not dealing with that anymore. Madness.

is there an old rating I can use for this gibberish?

1 Like

Your an old rating

You’re

I am not

They should pop along a complaint form to the prtb, that rent raise is illegal.

They’re

What?

buy buy buy