Woeful Journalism

This lad is a funny Twitter follow who’s main schtick is mocking football jargon.

He made his name off lampooning Frank Lampard. Joke, then “no, but seriously”, followed by a quick switch to a “serious face” and point.

The podcast is pretty good too. Very chummy and middle class but some good laughs about EPL clichés

He’s an Irish young lad, the footballer mentioned that is

I enjoyed the “Pure Champions League XI” and “Pure International XI” episodes.

Thinking of Frank’s failure at Chelsea never fails to bring a smile to my face. There was something amazingly heartwarming about it.

I think it was because Frank was carrying a whole ideology on his back. He was carrying the hopes of elitism, privilege, The Tory Party, Brexit, private schools, Russian dirty money in England, Boris Johnson, Dominic Raab, Nigel Farage, Toby Young, Kirstie Allsopp, Carole Malone, Isabel Oakeshott, the Mail, Sun, the Telegraph, the undoubted political leanings of Phil Taylor, skinheads who chanted about Winston Churchill but had Nazi sympathies yet wore six sided yellow stars to anti-vaccine demonstrations, and so much more.

His failure was their failure and the failure of their ossified culture.

Toby Young is a QPR fan mate.

A woeful quote more than anything else. Not really woeful journalism. In a recent Examiner article.

7 Likes

“You want something? Go get it”

They must be 35 stone

1 Like

We are the 17th most expensive the World. So not misleading.
The 12th most expensive in Europe, not the EU.
Of the EU27 we are 9th. So top 1/3. Iceland, Norway, UK & Monaco are ahead of us but not in the EU.
The EU27 thing is either an attempt to deliberately mislead, or he’s a fucking moron. Take your pick

1 Like

:grinning:

a fuckin expert in oil prices on top of everything else

we are 12th most expensive in Europe out of 44 countries (we are the 6th highest in terms of cost of living)

we arent being ripped off

Being capable of reading is all that is required my friend.

I never said we were being ripped off. I merely pointed out the nonsense that was the tweet you posted.

2 Likes

Worthy of tfk

Here you go @Gman

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/rte-tommy-tiernan-show-viewers-26279882

1 Like

“Job Opportunies”?

Two pedestrians hospitalised following collision in Dublin (thejournal.ie)

2 people didnt walk into each other, they were knocked down by a driverist

1 Like