Woeful Journalism

Fuxake

He needs to be sectioned

3 Likes

That’s like something a TY student would write. Twee bullshit about Liverpool

Everything Curtis writes is absolute shite.

4 Likes

Roy Curtis is a national treasure

The new Con Houlihan

1 Like

He’s the simpletons simpleton.

The only one speaking out of both sides of a mouth is you, a coward folded within a coward. Then again, the Tippo egomania is to think every native is a Tippo.

Everyone knows CB’s nature.

One of the Ridings should really give me a medal for acting as a giant Sudoku puzzle and preventing early onset dementia in Tippos. I will try to avoid ambivalence about this legacy.

Do I? News to me. Besides, would I contact him or his brother? Is there always a difference?

As a friend from West Tipp once said to me: “You could fit that lad’s brains in an egg cup.”

1 Like

The Athletic are really excelling today. This is the sort of high quality investigative journalism that you just won’t get in non subscription websites.

1 Like

The whole site appears to be riddled with best of the decades lists.

You would think they would wait til Christmas week to bring these out as filler

1 Like

I’m worried that your annoyance with The Athletic is consuming you.

I don’t know what’s worst:

1. The topic of that article passing any sort of review as newsworthy or opinionworthy
  2. The headline which looks like it was written by a 4 year old
  3. The fact this is their lead story today

They are really running low on content. Michael Cox often finds something interesting to write about but the club writers are churning out rubbish. Did you know that Erik Sviatchenko said that Brendan Rodgers wanted the players to try hard during training?

They really struggle with international breaks and I’d say they panicked last week and used this week’s content last week so they’ve thrown in the Christmas lists at the end of November. Though the NFL guys are doing it too so that doesn’t make sense but I’m sticking with it now.

They need a few more general sports writers who aren’t assigned to clubs. Or even sports. They could have good weekly roundups of European leagues (like the old TFK bluffer’s guide). They could have media reviews like they have on the NFL and NCAA stuff.

If you find yourself writing a leading article about the reaction to fans leaving early (unless they were actually killed in the process) then your brief is too narrow.

1 Like

They have launched a heap of football podcasts this week as well.

The majority of their football stuff is poor. The general NFL coverage is far superior.

1 Like

Yeah, some owl scutter that I won’t repeat that you posted on Kkats about him in the midst of your dark night of the soul over the 2010 all Ireland final defeat. The mods on kkcats had to delete it of course.

+1. His Twitter musings are deteriorating. Someone needs to introduce him to Gemtrails

You would know all about deletions.

Hypocrisy is the Tippo aspirin.

What was this mate?

I’d say he’s already on first name terms

1 Like

Less is more