Work Motivation Techniques

Bro - if you’re asking people for work you’re nowhere near the top.

I’m still in my dressing gown :frowning:

I hate being unemployed

Would you ever fucking quit and be done with it? In a number of ways my life is worse but in far more ways my life is FAR fucking better and I feel like I’ve a chance to make the move to Gorey, hang out with @Mac , and start all over again.

Speaking of which: what’s the best way to get a job in the fair town, @Mac ?

Use some initiative sport.

Chaps, how do you deal with subordinates whose output isn’t of the required standard? And coming from a standpoint where you don’t necessarily want to get a @Fitzy style thrill from shouting the odds at them.

Stealing a living.

if they are that slack then you will be first for the cull. Are others busy?

You need to give open and honest feedback. Tell them you are disappointed and why. If he argues the toss break the motherfucker in two. But in a nice way.

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 931541, member: 129”]I’m still in my dressing gown :frowning:

I hate being unemployed

Would you ever fucking quit and be done with it? In a number of ways my life is worse but in far more ways my life is FAR fucking better and I feel like I’ve a chance to make the move to Gorey, hang out with @Mac , and start all over again.

Speaking of which: what’s the best way to get a job in the fair town, @Mac ?[/QUOTE]

Find something to sell to thick Dubliners in Courtown and River chapel. Then take the rest of the year off.

As a starting point sit with them and go through their work with them, show them specific examples where you think the work isn’t up to scratch. When you’re showing them these examples ask them if they think it’s up to the required standard.

Repeat that step once more if it doesn’t work first time out.

If two attempts at coaching don’t work you need to start shouting the odds.

No point in going to town on them though, you can take a horse to water and all that. If shouting doesn’t work write them off and move on.

Are you saying I should become a carny?

You are correct.

I’ve already emailed the head recommending a change to work practices that will bring us into the modern age and have a massive impact on productivity in the office. And mean I will have to talk to my manager less…

I’m just in the job a few weeks along with a few others, they’re probably taking it easy on the workloads they’re giving us for now. The other three are plodding along. I have already closed two cases. :clap:

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 931557, member: 6”]As a starting point sit with them and go through their work with them, show them specific examples where you think the work isn’t up to scratch. When you’re showing them these examples ask them if they think it’s up to the required standard.

No point in going to town on them though, you can take a horse to water and all that. If shouting doesn’t work write them off and move on.[/QUOTE]

This from the guy that was afraid to give negative feedback to a bird in America.

[ATTACH=full]1178[/ATTACH]

When results are produced, a blind eye is turned the odd time, pal.

[QUOTE=“glasagusban, post: 931564, member: 1533”]You are correct.

I’ve already emailed the head recommending a change to work practices that will bring us into the modern age and have a massive impact on productivity in the office. And mean I will have to talk to my manager less…

I’m just in the job a few weeks along with a few others, they’re probably taking it easy on the workloads they’re giving us for now. The other three are plodding along. I have already closed two cases. :clap:[/QUOTE]

The innocence of youth.

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 931541, member: 129”]I’m still in my dressing gown :frowning:

I hate being unemployed

Speaking of which: what’s the best way to get a job in the fair town, @Mac ?[/QUOTE]

Well for starters you could ask the right people :mad:

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 931557, member: 6”]As a starting point sit with them and go through their work with them, show them specific examples where you think the work isn’t up to scratch. When you’re showing them these examples ask them if they think it’s up to the required standard.

No point in going to town on them though, you can take a horse to water and all that. If shouting doesn’t work write them off and move on.[/QUOTE]

There’s no way you ever did any of that.

I had a problem with that before Christmas. To be honest I did fuck all about it. When her review came, I wasn’t involved directly but as part of it I had to review her jobs for me. I sat her down and said there were a number of things she had to work on but I was going to leave it at that and not put it on her form. I haven’t worked with her since but reports are that there has been an improvement.

Probably the wrong way of dealing with it but fuck it.