World Cup 2002

What’s this based on? They qualify more but they’ve gotten no further than the groups on 6 of the 7 times they’ve bee there.

We’ve gotten out of the group every time we’ve been in it

Qualification achieved more often and probably more memorable games to the average punter . To be honest I thought they made the knock outs at least twice but there you go .

I forgot how Duffer was almost untouchable in that tournament

Mourinho finished Duff.

1 Like

Destroyed him

The 2002 WC was all about R9 coming back and dominating the biggest stage of world football after pretty much no football in 2 years and only ever getting to 70% of his peak level.

Great banter too with the hosts.

3 Likes

LoLz.

Imagine doing that now, a whole 18 years later - He’s been stoned to death,

The commentary in the Ireland Spain game in @myboyblue’s clip details how the Irish will ‘never leave a party early’ and its ‘impossible to get rid of the Irish’ or something that effect. It was meant in good taste and we probably all thought it was great at the time but if he said it nowadays he’d likely be fired on the spot for racial abuse.

What’s this shit?

Not a Bob Hoskins runners up medal between the cunts, what would they know?

It was on the twitter machine, I thought you’d enjoy it seeing as you put so much stock in the opinions of people that played to a high level.

The Munster crew circling the wagons for a guy who destroyed by a fruit and veg delivery guy.

I played against fruit and veg delivery guys myself and they never destroyed me.

1 Like

Don’t bring Limerick in to this kid

:smiley:

3 Likes

Surprised Reo Hatate hasnt made Japan squad. Cracking player. Must have a good side but awful group.

Would they ship them to Ireland when they are finished I wonder

1 Like

Find it hard to believe thousands of migrants died throwing them yolks together