World Cup 2018/2022 Decision

The World Cup will be just the warm up for the second half of the Barclays Premier League™ season.

I still maintain that the 2022 WC will not be held in Qatar. At some point UEFA and the European nations are going to realise their domestic leagues with appropriate trade marks will be affected and that will be the end of it, Platini or not.

It will be in the middle of the A League season for fucks sake, you can’t mess with that.

Qatar 2022 bid to be probed for corruption

OWEN GIBSON
Fifa has confirmed that the recently appointed chief investigator of its ethics committee will look into new corruption allegations surrounding Qatar’s successful bid for the 2022 World Cup.
Qatar, which hugely outspent its rivals on its campaign to win the right to host the 2022 tournament in December 2010, had discussions about a $1 million sponsorship deal for a gala dinner organised by the son of a Fifa executive committee member later banned from football for three years.
The Sunday Times, which conducted the undercover investigation that led to the Nigerian Amos Adamu and other Fifa officials being banned in the run-up to the vote on the 2018 and 2022 tournaments, revealed that Qatar’s bidding committee entered talks to sponsor a gala dinner arranged by his son, Samson, on the eve of the South Africa World Cup in 2010.
The newspaper claims Qatar made arrangements to sponsor the dinner but did not go through with the deal. The gala dinner, featuring 20 African footballing legends and senior football officials in Johannesburg for the World Cup, eventually cost around a fifth of the seven-figure sum originally discussed. It remains unclear how it was ultimately funded.
The Qatar 2022 organising committee accused the Sunday Times of being “malicious and reckless” in its presentation of the discussions but admitted that they took place. “The truth is that our bid committee, after careful consideration, opted not to sign any agreement with the individual concerned and had no part whatsoever in the African Legends Dinner event, financially or otherwise,” it claimed.
“It is correct that such a project was the subject of discussions, that preliminary communications were exchanged and that a draft agreement came into existence.
“However, upon due consideration being given to all the circumstances of this particular case – and especially to the relevant Fifa rules relating to the obligations of bid committees – a decision was taken by the Qatar 2022 bid committee not to pursue any involvement in the African Legends Dinner.”
Qatar won the race to host the 2022 World Cup despite its small size and high summer temperatures following a lavishly funded campaign that included a string of deals with big-name ambassadors and contracts.
Guardian Service

Very poor decision IMO.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20631963

Uefa to hold 2020 European Championship across continent

6 December 2012Last updated at 16:36 GMT

Football’s 2020 European Championship tournament will be held in a number of cities across the continent, Uefa has announced.

It means there will be no one country hosting the tournament.

The Football Association has already put forward Wembley to European governing body Uefa as a possible venue for the final.

Uefa’s executive committee took the decision at a meeting in Lausanne, Switzerland, on Thursday.

Wales, Scotland and the Republic of Ireland have also expressed their interest to Uefa in staging matches.

Uefa general secretary Gianni Infantino told a press conference after the meeting: "Some important decisions have been taken.

"Uefa Euro 2020 will be staged across the continent, in various major cities, following a decision taken today. A Euro for Europe follows an initial idea by Uefa president Michel Platini.

“The response has been extremely positive from all the national associations.”

He added the bidding process for the host cities would start in March and decisions would be made in the spring of 2014.

Wrong thread. This is a World Cup thread.

What-eva. It’s my thread and I’ll do what I want.

What a nonsensical decision

Platini really is on a crusade to destroy international soccer isn’t he.
What a ludicrous decision.

France football have run an article calling FIFA out on the Qatar decision fairly obvious for the most part but with a bit of evidence to back it up, an internal email saying it was bought.

The most interesting part though is they allege a secret meeting took place between Platini, Sarkosy, the owners of PSG who were in big financial trouble at the time and the Qatari prince. Implying that PSG were bought out by the Qataris as a kind of recompense of some sort

The host city of the 2020 Olympics is to be announced at 9pm British Isles time tonight.

Tokyo are 4/7 favourites but favourites have a very poor record in recent Olympic host decisions.

Athens 1996, Beijing 2000, Rome 2004, Paris 2012 and Chicago 2016 all lost out to the second favourites, which means Madrid are well placed after a strong second place showing in the 2016 contest.

Nail your colours to the mast. Istanbul, Madrid, or Tokyo.

I’ll be supporting the Turks but I expect the Spanish to have the mother and father of economic shitstorms brought down upon them by being victorious.

Madrid say they have 70 per cent of the facilities in place already

Istanbul for me too obviously.

Madrid eliminated.

Seems as if they and Istanbul finished joint bottom and Istanbul advanced on a countback. Looks like the nips have it.

My credibility on this issue is now in tatters.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 827619, member: 183”]Madrid eliminated.

Seems as if they and Istanbul finished joint bottom and Istanbul advanced on a countback. Looks like the nips have it.

My credibility on this issue is now in tatters.[/quote]
Coming down after large amounts of Speed will lead to irrational decision making @Sidney .

Turks have had loads of athletes suspended for drug taking recently. Still they are closer to our time zone so hope they win it.

President Frog is on stage.

And here comes the envelope.

:popcorn:

It’s an envelope of dissatisfaction for Istanbul.

Tokyo 2020 it is.

My prediction went disastrously wrong but hindsight is 2020.

The European leagues have bent over and meekly taken it up the arse from Platini and Blatter and the 2022 WC in Qatar will now go ahead around about Christmas time. For fucks sake.

I thought the english FA were going mental about this idea and would fight them on the beaches about it?

What a complete and utter fucking joke. The WC at Christmas. In a country the size of Offaly. With the same social values as Offaly.

I hope Israel qualify and beat the living shit out of these Quatari cunts.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/19/qatar-world-cup-europe-winter

They favour Nov / Dec so it doesn’t clash with the Winter Olympics? Is this that what they’ve done to Pele’s beautiful game? No one gives a flying fuck about the winter olympics, its only marginally more boring than rugby. But football is now reduced to working the most important sporting competition in the world outside of the All Ireland championships around it. Sweet fucking jesus.:mad:

the world cup around Christmas will be excellent. What better time to have it than in the dark, dreary nights of December & January?