World Cup 2018/2022 Decision

Did he admit it was France or just in the bidding for 98? Apparently the Moroccans were in for 98 and have been implicated in bribes for 2006 as well. Though from what I read it was unclear who did the bribing in 98

Where ye watching this?

Don’t actually know, that might be it. Scrolled past it on Twitter, can’t find it again

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/fifa-whistleblower-chuck-blazer-i-accepted-bribes-for-south-africas-2010-world-cup-bid-31276777.html

Fellows sometimes delete posts on Twitter.

There goes Platinis shot at the gig. “Adieu” I believe is yhe correct term

Aand here it is…
http://www.talkingbaws.com/2015/06/03/another-fifa-bombshell-as-chuck-blazer-claims-he-and-colleagues-took-bribes-to-award-the-1998-and-2010-world-cups-in-france-and-south-africa/

Yeah it was a bribe from Morocco who lost out. France (or Platini) not implicated.

Jesus.

This whole sorry tale presents KPMG in an extremely poor light.

Warner as bizarre as ever, paying for airtime to address the nation last night in Trinidad (wonder where he got the money for that etc etc). He’s got his own political party and everything. He’s going to sing like a canary apparently, but all he seems to be doing is uttering rambling, incoherant justifications of his own behaviour. He is a very, very strange man.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/jun/03/sepp-blatter-reports-fifa-president-us-corruption-probe-live

DECENCY FOR DUNNES WORKERS
IMPACT is asking union members and their families to attend a march and rally in support of the workers employed in Dunnes Stores who suffer as a result of the use of low hour contracts and zero hour contracts.

The rally takes place this Saturday (6th June) in Dublin, starting at 1pm from Merrion Square.

Deputy general secretary Kevin Callinan is urging branches to attend Saturday’s rally. He explained "Many IMPACT branches were involved in offering practical support to the Dunnes workers during their one day strike in April. Those efforts were reallyappreciated by the MANDATE members involved and their union leadership.

“Regrettably, on return to work many of the strike leaders at shop level were victimised through an insidious campaign of dismissals, rostering changes and reassignment to other duties. This is designed to break the workers resolve and to avoid collective bargaining with their unions. More than every they need our support.

“The heart of this issue is decent work- secure employment and some certainty on working arrangements, and the right to be represented in discussions on pay and conditions of employment. It is something that should be important to public sector workers too. Poor private sector pay and conditions affect our family members and, in time, will affect our children. But also if these practices gain hold they will be foisted on the public sector too.

“The union is seeking a large IMPACT presence on 6 June 2015. The demonstration commences at lpm so it will conclude by early afternoon. We are appealing to branches to take steps to ensure that there is a large visible attendance of IMPACT members by circulating the information, seeking commitments to attend, and arranging transport including buses and bringing branch banners if possible. This is an opportunity for IMPACT to show that public sector and private sector workers will stand together for decent work.

"We need a large IMPACT presence on Saturday. The demonstration commences at lpm and will conclude by early afternoon.

"We are appealing to branches to take steps to ensure that there is a large visible attendance of IMPACT members by circulating the information, seeking commitments to attend, and arranging transport including buses and bringing branch banners if possible.

“This is an opportunity for IMPACT to show that public sector and private sector workers will stand together for decent work.” he said.
Event Details:
Date: Sat 6 June, 2015 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Add to Calendar

[QUOTE=“Ebeneezer Goode, post: 1153175, member: 1785”]DECENCY FOR DUNNES WORKERS
IMPACT is asking union members and their families to attend a march and rally in support of the workers employed in Dunnes Stores who suffer as a result of the use of low hour contracts and zero hour contracts.

The rally takes place this Saturday (6th June) in Dublin, starting at 1pm from Merrion Square.

Deputy general secretary Kevin Callinan is urging branches to attend Saturday’s rally. He explained "Many IMPACT branches were involved in offering practical support to the Dunnes workers during their one day strike in April. Those efforts were reallyappreciated by the MANDATE members involved and their union leadership.

“Regrettably, on return to work many of the strike leaders at shop level were victimised through an insidious campaign of dismissals, rostering changes and reassignment to other duties. This is designed to break the workers resolve and to avoid collective bargaining with their unions. More than every they need our support.

“The heart of this issue is decent work- secure employment and some certainty on working arrangements, and the right to be represented in discussions on pay and conditions of employment. It is something that should be important to public sector workers too. Poor private sector pay and conditions affect our family members and, in time, will affect our children. But also if these practices gain hold they will be foisted on the public sector too.

“The union is seeking a large IMPACT presence on 6 June 2015. The demonstration commences at lpm so it will conclude by early afternoon. We are appealing to branches to take steps to ensure that there is a large visible attendance of IMPACT members by circulating the information, seeking commitments to attend, and arranging transport including buses and bringing branch banners if possible. This is an opportunity for IMPACT to show that public sector and private sector workers will stand together for decent work.

"We need a large IMPACT presence on Saturday. The demonstration commences at lpm and will conclude by early afternoon.

"We are appealing to branches to take steps to ensure that there is a large visible attendance of IMPACT members by circulating the information, seeking commitments to attend, and arranging transport including buses and bringing branch banners if possible.

“This is an opportunity for IMPACT to show that public sector and private sector workers will stand together for decent work.” he said.
Event Details:
Date: Sat 6 June, 2015 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Add to Calendar[/QUOTE]
:popcorn:

Fitzy, if the Swiss pull the rug from under the Qatari’s feet what are the chances of Lowy bringing the cup to ‘straya in 2022? I’d imagine we’d be second favourites behind the Yanks.

We were actually putting in a proposal to do a bit of costing work for Doha airport earlier in the week. We’ve since been told to put that to one side. Read from that what you will.

From a professional and personal point of view, I’m fully behind a renewed Australian bid for WC2022. Can’t see the TV networks ever ok’ing it unfortunately.

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1153220, member: 2812”]Fitzy, if the Swiss pull the rug from under the Qatari’s feet what are the chances of Lowy bringing the cup to ‘straya in 2022? I’d imagine we’d be second favourites behind the Yanks.

We were actually putting in a proposal to do a bit of costing work for Doha airport earlier in the week. We’ve since been told to put that to one side. Read from that what you will.

From a professional and personal point of view, I’m fully behind a renewed Australian bid for WC2022. Can’t see the TV networks ever ok’ing it unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Well the 2002 WC wasn’t exactly prime time friendly for a lot of countries was it? Or 2010. It would be fantastic to have it here. I’m not sure that all the stadia in Australia would be up to the standard, but a bit of tweaking would sort that quickly.
Australia could be the compromise for a lot of people. The obvious place to have it from an infrastructure point of view would be the UK or US, but after the dust settles with this shit, I’d say they will have so much bad feeling built up from the African / Asian / etc etc countries they wouldn’t have a hope. There’s a lot of bollocks rom commentators (you know the kind, rugby league loving, liberal party supporting bogans) that we don’t want that shite here, but there would be almost universal support for it in Australia.

[QUOTE=“Fitzy, post: 1153224, member: 236”]Well the 2002 WC wasn’t exactly prime time friendly for a lot of countries was it? Or 2010. It would be fantastic to have it here. I’m not sure that all the stadia in Australia would be up to the standard, but a bit of tweaking would sort that quickly.
Australia could be the compromise for a lot of people. The obvious place to have it from an infrastructure point of view would be the UK or US, but after the dust settles with this shit, I’d say they will have so much bad feeling built up from the African / Asian / etc etc countries they wouldn’t have a hope. There’s a lot of bollocks rom commentators (you know the kind, rugby league loving, liberal party supporting bogans) that we don’t want that shite here, but there would be almost universal support for it in Australia.[/QUOTE]
I think we had 12 stadia proposed in our 2022 bid, of which 10 are in-situ. I think Perth was due one, and there was talk of a 60k stadium in Blacktown. I’m not sure why another would be built in Sydney as bid rules state, each host city can only provide a maximum of 2 stadia so SCG & ANZ should be Sydney’s. Melbourne could provide any number. The AFL stadia are reportedly part of the previous bid, so it remains to be seen how any World Cup would tie in with the AFL (and indeed NRL) seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwZkvLuBk-g

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1153220, member: 2812”]Fitzy, if the Swiss pull the rug from under the Qatari’s feet what are the chances of Lowy bringing the cup to ‘straya in 2022? I’d imagine we’d be second favourites behind the Yanks.

From a professional and personal point of view, I’m fully behind a renewed Australian bid for WC2022. Can’t see the TV networks ever ok’ing it unfortunately.[/QUOTE]
Australia gave a bribe of half a million dollars to Jack Warner to try and get him to vote for them.

He asked for 4 million, and we tried to lowball him. It’s regrettable to say the least.

This story is from over two years ago but I find it interesting:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/nicolas-sarkozy-colluded-to-get-qatar-2022-world-cup-8471758.html

Nicolas Sarkozy, the former French president, held a secret meeting in November 2010 which influenced the decision by football’s governing body to award the 2022 football World Cup to Qatar, it was alleged.

In a 20-page investigation headlined “Qatargate”, the respected magazine France Football said that “acts of collusion and corruption” shaped the much-criticised FIFA decision to award the 2022 competition to the tiny, oil-rich Gulf state.

Among the alleged “acts of collusion”, the magazine listed a secret meeting called by President Sarkozy at the Elysée Palace on 23 November 2010. Ten days later – to worldwide astonishment – Qatar was chosen by a FIFA executive committee meeting in Zurich to host the World Cup in June-July 2022, despite summer temperatures in the Gulf of up to 50C.

Mr Sarkozy’s lunch guests included the crown prince of Qatar, Tamin bin Haman al-Thani, Michel Platini, president of the European Football Association (EUFA), and a representative of the investment fund which owned the then struggling French football club, Paris Saint-Germain (PSG).

France Football said that Mr Platini – a star of the France team of the 1980s – came under pressure at the lunch to switch his vote from the United States to Qatar. In exchange, the magazine alleged, the Qataris discussed the possibility that they would buy Paris Saint-Germain and create a new TV sports channel in France to compete with Canal Plus, a channel that Mr Sarkozy loathed. Before he became president in 2007, Mr Sarkozy was a match-going PSG fan. The magazine did not directly allege that a deal was struck at this meeting but said “all the elements” were “discussed”.

In 2011, the Qatari state investment fund paid €50m for PSG. Last year, the Qatari-owned Al-Jazeera TV company created a French sports channel beIN Sport after paying €150m for the rights to screen French football until 2016.