Would You 'blow the legs' Off An Intruder?

Could/ would you kill a man, lads?

Intentionally?

As in have him incapacitated, stand over him, and plunge a knife into his neck?

I probably wouldn’t.

I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

I’d like to think I would but who knows how we’d react when faced with the situation. One thing that would stop me at the moment is the lack of a gun in my house . I don’t like the idea of having guns in a house, there has been too many accidents with young kids and too many suicides by young men with the family gun for me ever to have one in the house.

Agreed. Probably more chances of it being to blame for a tragic event than being used to defend life and property. Also if a gun is known to be in your house does it make your house safer or does it become a target for some hood who wants to steal a gun?

are you Lying Eyes?

:lol:

:smiley:

Don’t think I could do it intentionally but if forced to do it to protect my family I wouldn’t think twice

it never ceases to amaze me how many seriously tough men you find on Discussion Boards. I am always really interested to hear the views of chubby unfir forty something 5ft 8in white collar workers and so on who would, on waking suddenly from their sleep to find a man breaking in to their house, would leap into action rush past the intruder to the utility room or garden shed or wherever for a weapon and then return to quickly beat the intruder into submission, killing them dead if that proved necessary.

i wonder about myself being 6ft and about 17 stone that i am under no illusions about my abilites in that area if i was surprised by someone who is in that situation every night of the week.

how the fcuk do you know that until you are right there in the heart of a brutal battle

[quote=“twiceasnice97, post: 733118”]it never ceases to amaze me how many seriously tough men you find on Discussion Boards. I am always really interested to hear the views of chubby unfir forty something 5ft 8in white collar workers and so on who would, on waking suddenly from their sleep to find a man breaking in to their house, would leap into action rush past the intruder to the utility room or garden shed or wherever for a weapon and then return to quickly beat the intruder into submission, killing them dead if that proved necessary.

i wonder about myself being 6ft and about 17 stone that i am under no illusions about my abilites in that area if i was surprised by someone who is in that situation every night of the week.[/quote]

Just last week I installed electric gates with CCTV and motion detection options.

The brother goes a different route. 2 German Shepards. He came home late on evening before xmas and found the dogs agitated, took no notice. Next morning he sees a pool of blood inside the gates… :o

the problem is a lot of guys who´d break into your home would be so high on drugs that you´d nearly need to kill them to keep them down…they wouldn´t feel a thing otherwise…a mate of mine had his house robbed years ago…the robbers jumped straight through the patio window…there was blood everywhere…my mate was blessed none of his family were there at the time…how off your head would need to be to do that !!!..

[quote=“twiceasnice97, post: 733118”]

i wonder about myself being 6ft and about 17 stone that i am under no illusions about my abilites.[/quote]

:strokechin:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Fellas can talk and talk… No one knows until it comes down to it. I’d like to think i’d batter the cunts, but is it worth it for a tele or something if one of the cunts had a weapon of their own and did damage to you??Realistically I’d ring the guards instanly - and i’d let the fuckers know that they are on the way- in the hope they very quickly fuck off. That’s the rational mind speaking tho, while i’m generally a peacful man I do possess a temper and could easily go charging in. Problem is, you could end up in court after giving one of the cunts brain damage or something.

:strokechin: well he must have disturbed something when he came home late…is the gutter near bedroom window loose by any chance?..was there a white ass with a chunk gone out of it spotted dashing thru the neighbourhood a few minutes after your bro walked through the door??.. :strokechin:

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 733123”]

Fellas can talk and talk… No one knows until it comes down to it. I’d like to think i’d batter the cunts, but is it worth it for a tele or something if one of the cunts had a weapon of their own and did damage to you??Realistically I’d ring the guards instanly - and i’d let the fuckers know that they are on the way- in the hope they very quickly fuck off. That’s the rational mind speaking tho, while i’m generally a peacful man I do possess a temper and could easily go charging in. Problem is, you could end up in court after giving one of the cunts brain damage or something.[/quote]
In the country, ringing the gardai woildnt do you a blind bit of fucking good.

Not wrong MBB.

These cunts who are out robbing houses are fully prepared for owners putting up a fight, its just a matter of being better armed proving whether you win the fight. A baseball bat, hurley or golf club will not cause an intruder to bat an eyelid.

The sight of the end of a barrel though is a different matter altogether.

[quote=“twiceasnice97, post: 733118”]it never ceases to amaze me how many seriously tough men you find on Discussion Boards. I am always really interested to hear the views of chubby unfir forty something 5ft 8in white collar workers and so on who would, on waking suddenly from their sleep to find a man breaking in to their house, would leap into action rush past the intruder to the utility room or garden shed or wherever for a weapon and then return to quickly beat the intruder into submission, killing them dead if that proved necessary.

i wonder about myself being 6ft and about 17 stone that i am under no illusions about my abilites in that area if i was surprised by someone who is in that situation every night of the week.[/quote]

Chubby unfit fortysomethings? You are on the wrong forum TAN. You’re obviously not reading the fitness thread. Anyway any idiot who leaves his defensive weapon in the shed or far away from his bed isn’t prepared to do anything. You would be surprised what people will do when faced with that situation.

[quote=“carryharry, post: 733126”]

Not wrong MBB.

These cunts who are out robbing houses are fully prepared for owners putting up a fight, its just a matter of being better armed proving whether you win the fight. A baseball bat, hurley or golf club will not cause an intruder to bat an eyelid.

The sight of the end of a barrel though is a different matter altogether.[/quote]

My granduncle, god be good to him, ran a few shops in his time and a machinery business. He always had a pistol left under mattress. He never had to use it thank god but he fired once a year to make sure twas operational.

We decommisioned it when he died but with all the robberies around here of late I am kinda sorry we didnt hold onto it.