You'd want your head examined or have daughters like Hopper McGrath, to manage a Ladies team thread

1 Like

Just going to post it! Good man Ewan!!

Who were Micko’s favourites?

Joe Higgins
Pauric Clancy
Fergal Byron
Tom Kelly
Noel Garvan

Off the top of my head

Bomber
Ogie
Mikey Sheehy
John o keeffe
Tim Kennelly

Ross?

Jesus how did I forget son of Micko.

Did he not like any good footballers?

Could explain why he hated me

2 Likes

Spillane , Pat this is?

1 Like

Holy fuck. Ewan finally smacks one out of the park.

Well done Ewan, you cunt.

She appears to have gotten a blow to the head/face so may not be functioning correctly

No holding back there.

Ewan MacKenna: Women in sport have been fighting hard for parity, clearly on this occasion it didn’t suit some

1 Like

And quelle surprise the Irish times ties themselves in knots supporting the women

That that is the best they can come up with is telling. A short, weak, mealy mouthed and contradictory article which skirts all of the major issues (so to speak).

Lovely back handed compliment to Coach Gavin here.

**But perhaps Leahy and the Mayo LGFA should reflect, too, on how they have handled it all. Former selector Denise McDonagh, one of the group who walked out of the panel, is now a pilot but previously was a military training instructor with the Army. And in that world, it’s nothing but “my way or the highway”.

But, she said, “there is a massive duty of care to every individual who is part of that high performance environment and for me that is a huge factor at play here”.

If a former military training instructor has a problem with how things were done, maybe we should listen?**

If anything it makes it clearer to me that Leahy had prior warning of Staunton thinking she was running the team and if so he was right to be wary of begging her to come back and to go about it the way he did.

As an aside how did Cora cope in Australia where you can be damn sure she and her mates would’ve been properly put back in their box.

The thoughtless rowing in behind the woman/en’s side in any argument is actually a fine example of sexism. Like serena’s toddler tantrum, (likely roid rage), the real racists and sexists were those who attacked the referee for being racist and sexist.

4 Likes

Ladies football :joy:

Would you all fuck off.

5 Likes

Will you email Mary hannigan that hun?