You'd want your head examined or have daughters like Hopper McGrath, to manage a Ladies team thread

Dead right.

Cunts on here saying women aren’t up to top level competition.

Did those cunts never see the Calor Housewife of the Year and the Rose of Tralee.

4 Likes

Sarah Healy is our best sportswoman in my opinion. Potential to podium at an Olympics.

1 Like

it would appear that you are correct in this statement, but why then, would the Mayo County board support him to such an extent that they throw Carnacon out of their championship?

He is an outsider. I wonder is he being used in a power struggle and are the club too powerful for the county boards liking in ladies football.

holy shit, I actually agree with you there sid

They have won county title for over 12 years. Mayo women’s football seems to be a Mickey Mouse competition like Scottish football with similar levels of dominance by one team.

But then Staunton ballooned the ball up into the air and it landed around 14 yards out and to the side of the goal.

A pity Marty wasn’t commentating…

“It looks like Cora Staunton has decided to test out the Galway defence with a tantalizing high ball into the danger area rather than going for her own score. A very dangerous ball in by the great Cora Staunton…”

3 Likes

It is the issue actually. His job is to manage and he has completely failed in that regard. A different manager led the team to an All-Ireland final last year so the players are clearly manageable. To have 12 players walk off the panel within six months of him taking over couldn’t be a more obvious management failure. They were dumped out of the championship early too so he’s also failed in terms of results. He hasn’t a leg to stand on. Now, like a pig ignorant gobshite, he has decided to try and stay on when there’s no tenable way he can take the team forward. It’s Justin McCarthy-esque.

2 Likes

Ah fair enough. I thought you were being serious for a second.

defensive halfwits like you who jump down anyones throat who offers a well thought out reasoned opinion do absolutely nothing for wimins sports.
im all for womens sports in fact some of my best friends partake in it. but putting an event on tv when only family members bother to attend that event is tokenism and achieves nothing positive long term.
we have a situation where a gang of women have gone absolutely buck ape as a result of them being treated as the equal of men. mistakes have been made, we must face up to them. what we have done in recent years has backfired and its time for a rethink

5 Likes

Like everybody else here I’m only looking in from the outside but it would appear to me that the Mayo women’s board is not very competent and there’s a lot of jealousy and bitching about Carnacon because they’ve won something like 20 county championships in a row, and the Mayo board were only itching for an excuse to throw them out.

I find it interesting that the players from other clubs who left the panel haven’t been given suspensions while the Carnacon players have.

Incompetence is far too mild a word for that. If the board had any integrity they’d resign en masse.

Lads, of course it’s possible that the manager is a bit of a headbanger too. Most fellas who get involved in coaching women’s sport are probably failed men’s coaches.

In addition, taking something that’s comparable to boys’ football so seriously to such an extent that he was ringing up players at home to give out to them is all kinds of crazy.

Could you imagine a manager of an U14 team ringing up a chap on the team to have a go at him for being indisciplined at training the night before? You’d regard that manager as being fairly nuts for not quietly resolving any issue during the training session itself.

These divisions should have been dealt with calmly at the time by all sides but it’s great publicity for the wimin’s (cc @HBV) game all the same.

I just think that playing the mental health card and leaving the innuendo about “safety” hanging in the air was very poor form by the players. I’m woke but I’m happy to call them out on this. If that makes me nuanced woke then so be it. Too many people are happy to take these spurious claims at face value without any element of challenging them just because 1) they’re being made by women, and 2) they mentioned mental health.

1 Like

Sports need money to survive. Sponsors won’t give money unless the sport is televised. Without money, the sport dies.

so to clarify, you don’t want women treated the equal of men (your words). You don’t want any women’s sport on the TV. You don’t want any women pundits on the TV?

I wouldn’t say you’ve offered a reasoned opinion, I’d say you’ve come out with weak arguments to support your misogynistic views.

If it achieves nothing positive long term, in your words, throw out some alternatives to achieve a positive outcome?

That’s yes x3 for me.

5 Likes

I cant believe he played the ’ some of my best friends are women who play sport’ card :rofl:

Like any bit of that is believable.

3 Likes

Hrs got a few black friends too

1 Like

I skipped over that as I didn’t want to be jumping down his throat.

I dont mind it being on TV, you dont have to watch. However, women pundits discussing men’s team sports is wrong.

3 Likes

is men pundits discussing women’s team sports wrong?

Some of his best friends are black, muslim, gay, fat, transgendered, travellers , Nigerian taxi drivers

1 Like

It’s creepy.

1 Like