You'd want your head examined or have daughters like Hopper McGrath, to manage a Ladies team thread

that play Camogie

It really isn’t. The pulled thread that has caused this to rumble on and have such prominence as a story was the invention of the welfare and safety angle.

sure most of the pundits are fucking useless, tired old bastards anyway. What harm in bringing a fresh point of view and a change of direction.

I bet none of ye cunts complain about Sky Sports News latest newsreader calling out the scores and her tits hanging out over the telly

3 Likes

+1.

This Anne Marie Hayes wan on The Sunday Game highlights show this season was abysmal.

I was looking for some considered analysis, maybe a pundit pointing out some interesting tactical innovation or something.

Cahill would go in that annoying tone of his, “where did Clare lose it today Anne Marie?”

She’d respond, “We have some clips here Des. Look it here, the ball comes in and the defender misses the ball. You can’t be missing the ball like that. And this next one. Tony Kelly has the ball here and he hits it wide. They had a lot of wides.”

“So it was a mix of bad defending and poor shooting?”

“It was Des. They need to improve their defending and shooting in the next group game.”

Thanks for that Anne Marie and Des.

11 Likes

It’s not for me. Just being honest about it. Gabby Logan, Kelly Daglish et al are all good at their job, but if I want to hear a pundit on hurling or men’s soccer than i’d rather it be someone that played men’s sports to a similar level… It’s just personal taste.

:grinning:

1 Like

yeah cos Dalo’ and the boys give great analysis

2 Likes

I was gonna add that myself but said i’d leave it to you…

Kelly Cates nee Dalglish is excellent.

2 Likes

that’s fair enough…

punditry in general isn’t for me to be honest. I don’t mind who is trying to tell me what’s happening in what I am looking at myself.

I don’t mind what sex the person that is throwing out the cliches is

+1

The problem with RTE is they try and shoehorn someone in for balance sake instead of basing it on talent. I dont think Joanne, Evan or any of the RTE crew are good at their job, they just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

That could be any pundit male or female though

Yeah - I largely dont listen to pundits to tell me what happened in the way Bando outlined above … I prefer someone being contrary or abrasive … You wont get that from women.

2 Likes

Like every single thread on this bastard of a place this has descended into a War of the Buttons with that cunt HBV being the instigator.

I think Joanne is good.

Like you, it’s the punditry angle. I’m not saying the male pundits are universally good but I’ve absolutely no interest in hearing from a camogie player about a hurling match.

4 Likes

:rofl:

have you ever met a woman?

how about a male rugby league player?

a few of the TFK dads that are forcing their daughters to play boghockey and spudball wont be happy with that

Mr PC with his balance and everyone is equally shit … next you’ll be insisting we call then gender neutral names like analyst or pundit and not ‘the lads on the Sunday game’ or ‘the boys on MOTD.’

You make me sick.

1 Like