You'd want your head examined or have daughters like Hopper McGrath, to manage a Ladies team thread

Not in a pundit capacity, no.

link please?

you’re looking for the female Eamonn Dunphy or Ger Lock so?

By christ there’s a thought

I thought you’d be pro gender neutrality now that your missus keeps your balls in a jar on the mantle piece down in Cark?

The great Jordan Peterson and his 20 odd years of psychological research is correct when he states that women are more agreeable in the work place. It’s one reason they dont get paid as much as men because they cant negotiate as well. This crosses over wonderfully when we analyse when as pundits.

It’s all coming out now.

1 Like

Pretend ones, In her handbag actually. Mrs O’Sullivan has my real ones over in her place.

The only women who know their true worth in the labor market are Jewish .

omg, that is vile

3 Likes

Yet another Irish person goes to Oz for 3 months and comes back with notions about themselves

5 Likes

It would seem to me there’s a fair possibility that they may have overstepped the mark in terms of the language they’re using, but managing women is clearly a much different ball game to managing men. so neither would I entirely discount the possibility that the language used was accurate, at least as far as one or more of the players was concerned, and these are matters of interpretation where the interpretation of the person at the receiving end is far more important.

Bully tactics don’t work as it is in men’s team sport now. With women there’s a whole different unspoken code of conduct again. The same bully tactics which in men’s sport would make players think the manager is a gobshite, automatically take on more intimidatory overtones when used with women. When a man tries to intimidate a woman, even if it is only verbal intimidation, the possibility of physical intimidation in such a situation will always be there in the woman’s mind.

In particular, one can easily see how a male manager acting the bollox with a female player in a one on one situation would be far more intimidiating to the female player than it would be to a male player.

Bullying, intimidation and undermining is a major source of mental health trouble in society in general, so I don’t see why that wouldn’t apply to a team sport setting.

You can discount the statement from the players who didn’t leave the panel, because they can’t speak for other players who may have experienced things the remaining players didn’t.

Do you think Leahy should remain in the job?

dont throw money at something thats something a halfwit would do. build the games from the bottom up, get the girls playing like girls, treat them as girls and judge them as girls. dont be pretending they are as good as men and dont pretend the spectacle they provide is equal to what the men provide. if it becomes equal then the crowds will be equal and it will end up on tv.
the last thing wimin need is tokenism which is all that you are proposing

3 Likes

What about bully tactics from females who make statements about male managers that imply they were creating an “unsafe environment” which automatically takes on a more intimidatory overtones when used by women about men.

8 Likes

That’s it… i’m only a poor women being bullied by a big strong man … it’s disgusting really… looking for butter on both sides of their cake.

That’s way too woke, you definitely need to tilt to nuanced woke like me.

You’re essentially saying we should take all complaints as being reasonable and discount the views of players who didn’t have any issues.

1 Like

They are not pundits

The Paper of Record in profiling Peter Leahy and his managerial style, make reference to a man who influenced him in a big way at Mullingar Rugby Club circa 1991, none other than one Joe Schmidt.

cc @myboyblue

I never said they were, Einstein.