You'd want your head examined or have daughters like Hopper McGrath, to manage a Ladies team thread

A defence fouling close in is so stupid. The free takers will put anything in the 25 metre range in front over the bar but were there to be no foul there’s about an 80% chance a score won’t result from play.

Good score there by the Princess of Mayo football Grace Kelly but it’s still a Grim(aldi) looking scoreline for Mayo.

Game over.

More heartbreak for Mayo. The curse must be transgender.

Can’t see Mayo winning this now.

Seriously patronising from Brian Carthy on the radio. Cringe. The standard was shit in this final based on the 40 minutes I saw.

2 Likes

Dublin were fitter and better balanced, Mayo kicked the game away in the first half and were relying on four or five players - Staunton, the midfielder Aileen Gilroy, the number 11 Niamh Kelly, Sarah Rowe and the lovely Orla Conlon in defence.

The standard of penalty taking in women’s football is dreadful.

Dublin were lucky Cork were taken out by Mayo as I expect Cork would have beaten them again.

1 Like

Mick Bohan is the greatest skills coach in GAA. Dublin looked a million times more comfortable on the ball than last year.

But the men improved as well?
So how does that tally?

He is an excellent obviously though. Carries on like he invented all this skill acquisition stuff though.

Never got that impression from any of his demos. Coached me underage and nevwr gave it the big I am there either. Would argue Dubs skill level is in around the same as when he departed (circa 2014?). They learned how to obliterate the blanket defence since which was a Gavin obsession more than anything. Id imagine Bohan left a decent grounds work there to build on.

No doubt. But they are better this year technically i would say. Now ither factors may be involved of course.

Half the battle is players now believe they are improving under him, even if not always the case.

He clearly has a decent appreciation of the fitness elements as well though. Dublin very football fit today

1 Like

Yep agreed - their running from deep was exceptional.

1 Like

Decent crowd at Croke Park for this. I’d say there were only about 3 stick hurling games all year that had a bigger attendance.

1 Like

To be fair there was 3 games on today, and 1 of games was a home match for one of teams.

Been the same for 6 out if last 9 years.

Still growing and i realise this upsets misogynists like yourself

1 Like

@Ralphie is a dinosaur.

Misogynists- ah hear come on.

Liking a pair of tits does not mean you view women in a healthy and balanced way you know

Not sure how to reply to that.

People are patronizing by pretending these chump’s are skillful or athletic

1 Like