Your Sporting Predictions Thread 2009

[quote=“north county corncrake”]kilcoyne sold rovers stadium - rovers fans got rid of kilcoyne & now the sdcc are building a stadium

the gga hierarchy let bigotpark get into a state of disrepair & then the same people who let this happen went crawling to the government to part fund bigot park

the gga is clearly worse:p[/quote]

NCC logic

so the GAA which is an amateur, well run organisation with staia it owns up and down the country and contributes to both the economy and also the health of our children

is worse than

a badly run business, which pissed away it’s own stadium, does nothing except for 4 kids in tallaght (according to your press release about scholarships), defrauds the revenue commissioners, does nothing for the health of our children and because of it’s deviant fanbase requires the same garda presence with a match for 2.5k supprters as the GAA requires for a match with 88000 spectators

yeah, I can totally see where youre coming from :smiley:

rover’s contribution

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/2_euro_coins.png

[quote=“artfoley”]NCC logic

so the GAA which is an amateur, well run organisation with staia it owns up and down the country and contributes to both the economy and also the health of our children

is worse than

a badly run business, which pissed away it’s own stadium, does nothing except for 4 kids in tallaght (according to your press release about scholarships), defrauds the revenue commissioners, does nothing for the health of our children and because of it’s deviant fanbase requires the same garda presence with a match for 2.5k supprters as the GAA requires for a match with 88000 spectators

yeah, I can totally see where youre coming from :D[/quote]

amateur? what? -when celine dion plays in bigot park they give her the ground for free? the director general of the gga doesnt get paid now?
the gga got a lot of free land from the government back in the day - they built stadium that they let rot & then went back to the government to get more money to fix up these stadiums - it doesnt bother them that most of these stadiums are lucky to be fullonce a year - they also are in relative decline in terms of playing numbers & are at best are the 5 th most popular partcipation sport in Ireland yet they get over 30% of sports grants - you are comparing that with South Dublin County Council building a stadium in a RAPID area for the people of Tallaght

just to clarify - its only ok to play in a muncipal stadium if you share it with your rivals even if the rivals play a different sport & the pitch sizes are different-
and anyone tha goes to the government to get grants for capital projects are beggars apart from the organisation that gets most grants ?

:smiley:

[quote=“north county corncrake”]just to clarify - its only ok to play in a muncipal stadium if you share it with your rivals even if the rivals play a different sport & the pitch sizes are different-
and anyone tha goes to the government to get grants for capital projects are beggars apart from the organisation that gets most grants ?

:D[/quote]

no, i recall already explaining it to you already.

did you bang your head or have you been on the rip ? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“north county corncrake”]amateur? what? -when celine dion plays in bigot park they give her the ground for free? the director general of the gga doesnt get paid now?
the gga got a lot of free land from the government back in the day - they built stadium that they let rot & then went back to the government to get more money to fix up these stadiums - it doesnt bother them that most of these stadiums are lucky to be fullonce a year - they also are in relative decline in terms of playing numbers & are at best are the 5 th most popular partcipation sport in Ireland yet they get over 30% of sports grants - you are comparing that with South Dublin County Council building a stadium in a RAPID area for the people of Tallaght[/quote]

it’s about the contribution to society, not taking all you can get out of it

aconcept alien to SDCC rovers :smiley:

[quote=“artfoley”]it’s about the contribution to society, not taking all you can get out of it

aconcept alien to SDCC rovers :D[/quote]

unlike the wexford gga players who are on the scracther we provide employment & scholarships for our players:D

wexford players who are claiming on their stamps from the taxes they have paid

another alien concept for SDCC rovers fans

i see you didnt respond to my point on how amateur the GGA truely are - by my reckoning a few volunteers & the players are amateur & when you look at it the players arent amateur at all - they get money from the government & they get expenses for playing GGA for their counties too - tyrone said not training in december saved than 12k in expenses - so they do get paid but the only difference is that they dont pay tax on the money they get from their county boards which I know is something you feel very strong about - hopefully the inland revenue looks into this

my dear fellow, there is massive difference between expenses and taxable income, the money they get from the govt is what’s called a grant unlike that which SDCC rovers would be used to in that they are doing some thing to get the money i.e it’s not the dole

I know your head must be absolutely melted with all these new, alien concepts such as working for a living, paying your taxes, owning yuor own stadium and contributing to both the economy and the community, but do try to keep up old chum :D:D:D

[quote=“north county corncrake”]they are going part time

all good news for the hoops[/quote]

For the bigger picture, surely its not good news for the hoops to see other LOI clubs struggling financially

[quote=“north county corncrake”]kilcoyne sold rovers stadium - rovers fans got rid of kilcoyne & now the sdcc are building a stadium

[/quote]

I think your missing a few years here lad

Hurling: Kilkenny
Football: Dublin
Premier League: Man Utd

Magners League: Munster
European Cup: Harlequins

some brilliantly delusional stuff here from NCC. Top marks for spouting half baked made up shite. I can only assume your having the craic, no one could be that foolish and bitter in their real life, or could they? :smiley:

Back to topic

All ireland football: Kerry
Leinseter Football: Wexford (you got to dream)
Hurling: Kilkenny
LOI: Derry
Premiership: Chelsea
Heiniken cup: Munster

He has already won that you clown.

Football
Munster - Kerry
Leinster - Dublin
Connacht - Leitrim
Ulster - Derry
League - Galway
All Ireland - Kerry
Beaten finalists - Dublin

Hurling
Leinster - Kilkenny
Munster - Kilkenny
League - Kilkenny
All Ireland - Kilkenny
Beaten finalists - Kilkenny

Soccer:
EPL - Liverpool
SPL - Celtic
Seria A - Internazionale
La Liga - Barcelona
Champions League - Barcelona

It was meant as a lighthearted inclusion Farmer - a little attempt at humour, if you will.

Do ye not think Wexford can win Leinster?

The Camogie?

Football
Munster - Kerry
Leinster - Wexford
Connacht - Mayo
Ulster - Armagh
League - Kerry
All Ireland - Cork
Beaten finalists - Dublin

Hurling
Leinster - Kilkenny
Munster - Clare