2016 All Ireland Hurling & Camogie Finals

Michael Ryan is a likable enough man, before I heard him speak this year I always assumed he was an ignorant prick

1 Like

Iā€™d agree. Heā€™s not your stereotypical Tipp man.

Underrated player too, the much fabled Tipp team of Babs era had no marquee backs and Iā€™d say Ryan or Conal Bonner were the best of them.

Heā€™s done a pr course with Terry Prone

+1

Is that the same media that focused almost entirely on the opposition after both the Munster Final and All Ireland semi?

eh?

Have met him many times through work. As sound a lad as youā€™d meet.
Iā€™m finding it worryingly difficult to stoke the flames of hatred this year. They seem like a decent enough less flaky bunch whoā€™ll win handy enough imo. Amazing the difference a manager makes.

1 Like

Yea Iā€™m fighting myself here as well. Hopefully Iā€™ll be sitting beside a shower of cunts at the match and itā€™ll rekindle it a bit. But to be honest I was sitting beside a few of them at the Limerick match in June and they were thoroughly allright sorts.
Fuck it anyway. Someone throw a Babs interview up

You really are going out of your way annoy yourself imagining these obscure scenarios that didnā€™t happen

Bump, theyā€™re up to somethingā€¦

it would be codyā€™s greatest if kk do this

No it wouldnā€™t. If he took the Limerick job and got us there. That would be his greatest.

Every final win seems to get hailed as Codyā€™s greatest. Having won it 15 times, Iā€™d imagine it only gets easier.

2 Likes

Doubt it : they are still best of a mediocre bunch . 2006 was probably his best albeit again a cork team that were on the ropes all year . Since 1999 Kk have had the best players most years .

spirit pal! compare the kk team from 2014 back ā€¦

Top three wins in the Cody era - only counting AI wins

2006 v Cork. Brilliant win, the long grass, breaking Cork hearts, stopping the all conquering running game. Buried them that day. Mad to think Cork havenā€™t won an AI in over 10 years

2008 v Waterford. Complete hurling that day. If we were up against the best of the rest with a seasons training on them they still wouldnā€™t have beaten KK on the day

2011 v Tipp. After 2010 and been written off, Lar and his hat trick and his fuckin ā€œIā€™m de hurler of de yearā€ and Kelly tipping his fuckin cuntin helmet and the King breaking down, that was one sweet win. Bate them and bate them well that year

2 Likes

Tipp by 5

Fennelly is a big loss for them, I donā€™t rate Lester Ryan et al, I think tipp have a good bench also

Ah no