2016 All Ireland Hurling & Camogie Finals

Titchy

Eddie Brennan was right. The pressure is all on Tipp for this one. Tipp need to win this one more than they’ve needed to win a title since '89. Kilkenny have beaten them in 3 out of 4 finals in recent years, and have knocked them out of 5 of the last 7 championships. There’s only so many defeats any group can take and keep coming back.

3 Likes

The problem for Tipp is they know it and worse again, Kilkenny know it

Spot on. Especially the half forward line.

not to mention league finals

I still think ye’ll do it. Just about.

there’ll be a few tickets floating around early there ye?

Yeah he just isn’t athletic enough to be a hard worker. I think his work rate has improved this year tbh although I was unable to attend the semi final

The historical precedent is encouraging for Tipperary. They really handled the weight of expectation well in that 1989 final against Antrim and got the job done.

2 Likes

Yes, but it took all their perfidy to get them through the real final against Galway.

We’ve also won every All Ireland Hurling Final with the year ending in 16 since the foundation of the GAA.

5 Likes

We’ve also beaten Kilkenny in all those finals mate

1 Like

They were all played on Sundays as well. It’s written in the stars.

1 Like

If only the 1916 one wasn’t played in January 1917, we’d be on a winner here lads

Semantics

Kilkenny may as well stay at home on Sunday. Very hard to beat the hand of history.

1916 was also Mayo’s first appearance in an All Ireland Football Final. Mayo lost.

rememeber lads, intensity… infuckingtensity will be the key

The ultimate event . The Warrior Game .

Few of the Tipp lads starting to get a bit rattled the closer we get. Time for @Brimmer_Bradley to come in and calm ye down a bit. Although it’s more preferable for ye to start shitting the togs I suppose. Has Babs been on Tipp FM yet telling ye all, that the Kilkenny fans will be heading home with 20 minutes left

It’s all good lads. John Mullane has it sussed. Five ways to beat Kilkenny in Saturdays Indo.