2016 Allianz National Hurling League

The Cork team to play Dublin on Saturday night in the Allianz Hurling League in Croke Park @ 5pm has been announced as follows.

1. Anthony Nash (Kanturk)
  2. Killian Burke (Midleton)
  3. Christopher Joyce (Na Piarsaigh)
  4. Stephen McDonnell (Glen Rovers)
  5. Damian Cahalane (St Finbarrs)
  6. Mark Ellis (Millstreet)
  7. Cormac Murphy (Mallow)
  8. Daniel Kearney (Sarsfield)
  9. Brian Lawton (Castlemartyr)
  10. Bill Cooper (Youghal)
  11. Seamus Harnedy (St Itas)
  12. Patrick Cronin (Bishopstown)
  13. Conor Lehane (Midleton)
  14. Stephen Moylan (Douglas)
  15. Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers)

Subs:
16. Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig)
17. Stephen Murphy (Blackrock)
18. Cian Buckley (Na Pairsaigh)
19. William Egan (Kilbrin)
20. Lorcan McLoughlin (Kanturk)
21. Paul Haughney (Midleton)
22. John Cronin (Lisgoold)
23. Paudie O’Sullivan (Cloyne)
24. Luke O’Farrell (Midleton)
25. Cian McCarthy (Sarsfield)
26. William Leahy (Aghada)

Tipp v Waterford as the deferred game at 4.10

Nothing wrong with giving the kerry hurlers exposure but not showing the two best teams in the country?

1 Like

Presumably they’re only showing Kerry-Wexford live as its on at 12.35pm and they have cameras there anyway for Kerry-Donegal afterwards. And then the deferred game.

But generally typing, I find it dumb that TG4 can’t show 2 live games every weekend instead of the usual live game at 2pm and deferred game at 4pm. I know there’s issues with light early in the year but surely they could have live games at 1pm and 2.45pm throughout the league.

Who wants to go to a game at 1pm. You’d miss your Sunday dinner.

4 Likes

That’s essentially the reason. County Boards don’t want to miss out on attendance money as a result of muldoons staying away to eat spuds. I know TV shouldn’t dictate things too much but I don’t understand why TG4 don’t insist on 2 live games as part of their coverage contract.

1 Like

Muldoons dont eat spuds, they ate them.

8 Likes

Fellas sitting down to their Sunday dinner aren’t going to be watching a match on the telly either pal.

Oh right i didnt make that connection to the football game. Will the forums resident wexford/donegal man @croppy_boy be making the trip to support his counties? I agree with you over the 1pm start time, i think itd suit some muldoons more to get out to a game early and back home early, 12pm hurling club games are always well attended in galway anyway.

Many county grounds have floodlights so 345pm starts shouldn’t be a problem. Spuds ate no bother.

Be interesting to see how many actually do. I imagine it would surprise both you and I. I know Tullamore doesnt, neither does Kildare, nor Fitzgerald in Kerry (although they do have Tralee), etc etc.

Parnell Park, Thurles,tralee, dungarvan,porrlaoise, Armagh, Cork, Enniscorthy, Galway,Tyrone, down
Sure there’s loads

Won’t make it this weekend.

The mammoth trip coupled with going to Wexford in a few weeks make the TV coverage the attractive option for this weekend.

That’s a good point on the early game as well. The only issue would be the tendency of lots of clubs to have a Sunday morning training session.

Can we perhaps get @sidney to do us up the full list? This is right up his alley.

Dinner is generally eaten in the evening, pal.

Not in GAA country mate

5 Likes

I’ll repeat my point. Dinner is generally eaten in the evening.

Townie cunt.

1 Like

The lads dont know the difference between Sunday lunch and dinner… How embarrassing…