Annoying Office Jargon - Part III

[QUOTE=“The Big Cheese, post: 1011945, member: 1137”]“Lets put them thoughts in the idea fridge and snack on them later”

:oops::mad:[/QUOTE]

that is fucking stunning

Bumped for chuck

I was one of 5 sub-consultants today assisting the lead architect in preparing a bid for a job. When the M&E guru suggested some drawings to include in the presentation, the architect sternly instructed him that he didn’t want drawings, but “word pictures”. The whole room nodded enthusiastically in agreement while jotting down “word pictures” in their A5 on the go journals.

I maintained a steely glare on the architect for approximately 40 seconds thereafter, letting him know that i wasn’t going to be another yes man in the room, that i was going to speak the cold truths even if it jeopardized the company and that the bid would be successful if we cut the bullshit.

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1100870, member: 2812”]I was one of 5 sub-consultants today assisting the lead architect in preparing a bid for a job. When the M&E guru suggested some drawings to include in the presentation, the architect sternly instructed him that he didn’t want drawings, but “word pictures”. The whole room nodded enthusiastically in agreement while jotting down “word pictures” in their A5 on the go journals.

I maintained a steely glare on the architect for approximately 40 seconds thereafter, letting him know that i wasn’t going to be another yes man in the room, that i was going to speak the cold truths even if it jeopardized the company and that the bid would be successful if we cut the bullshit.[/QUOTE]

[ATTACH=full]2456[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1100870, member: 2812”]I was one of 5 sub-consultants today assisting the lead architect in preparing a bid for a job. When the M&E guru suggested some drawings to include in the presentation, the architect sternly instructed him that he didn’t want drawings, but “word pictures”. The whole room nodded enthusiastically in agreement while jotting down “word pictures” in their A5 on the go journals.

I maintained a steely glare on the architect for approximately 40 seconds thereafter, letting him know that i wasn’t going to be another yes man in the room, that i was going to speak the cold truths even if it jeopardized the company and that the bid would be successful if we cut the bullshit.[/QUOTE]
Let me draw you a picture with my imagination brush

“Picture this if you will”

“I’m drainstormed”

Fuck off

“a slippery curveball from the side”

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1100928, member: 289”]“I’m drainstromed

Fuck off[/QUOTE]
In what context was that beauty used?

Wrecked after brainstorming I’d say

:eek:

Correct statement

How do you not laugh in their faces?

Jesus Christ.

yeah, used in the context yesterday when over the weekend a sudden issue arose out of nowhere that can historically be difficult to deal with

They looked mentally battered enough.

If the issue has occurred in the past it is surely in your risk register and you have a documented procedure on how to deal with it.

yes it was identified as a “miss” on our behalf, we’ll take it to the scorecard meeting later on this week

hearing a lot and starting to use “de-risk”