Annoying Office Jargon - Part III

can the below folks stay back after class to discuss the items below…

I use the verb “backlogging” sporadically throughout the day.

Shit that won’t get done in time.

“ok goiys, going to have to take this one back to a town hall meeting”

Town Halls are so 2014. Its all about the fireside chats for 2015.

“I’ll do you a full road map in the coming days.”

Instead, can you fuck off and die?

1 Like

It’s all about the pitstop

My wife started a new job this week. She was meeting her new boss today. An English guy. Bit of an oddball, no eye contact etc (the guy, not the wife). A couple of times during the meeting he said to her “I don’t feel too great”. Next thing he gets up, picks up the wastepaper basket and starts puking his guts into it. He stops for a minute and says “this is so embarrassing”. Then starts again and pukes away for another few minutes. Then he calls someone and asks them to clean up after him.
I asked her if she is expecting a David Brent-like motivational speech tomorrow.

1 Like

[QUOTE=“balbec, post: 1101541, member: 193”]My wife started a new job this week. She was meeting her new boss today. An English guy. Bit of an oddball, no eye contact etc (the guy, not the wife). A couple of times during the meeting he said to her “I don’t feel too great”. Next thing he gets up, picks up the wastepaper basket and starts puking his guts into it. He stops for a minute and says “this is so embarrassing”. Then starts again and pukes away for another few minutes. Then he calls someone and asks them to clean up after him.
I asked her if she is expecting a David Brent-like motivational speech tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
The cunt might have relations in Ballyhale and got spooked?

How do you eat an Elephant? One bite at a time

“ill partake in the bunfight but am not expecting a positive outcome”

I have some elephant here that I need help eating if you don’t get any buns mate.

:smiley:

thanks bro

[QUOTE=“Flano, post: 36844, member: 8”]Acroynms are quite the annoyance. Especially when people make them up and use them as if you’re supposed to know what they mean.

e.g
SCT = Slow count traveller

Fook aff[/QUOTE]

I’ve noticed a growing trend in #business meetings, whereby in assisting the conveyance of a key point, acronyms are being replaced by the elongated version. I had one guy using “Central Business District” today in lieu of CBD, and the end result was astounding. He smiled charismatically at each of the 3 clients present, refixing his stare on each separate word.

Central.

Business.

District.

The whole boardroom bellowed an inaudible roar of approval.

I shall be adopting this technique moving forward. Unnecessary acronyms are now considered* to be synonymous with the fallow years of world #business, and it’s time their use in #business meetings was ended.

If anyone needs any further public speaking tips, please do not hesitate to drop me a private message, and I’d be happy to help.

*by me

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1143394, member: 2812”]I’ve noticed a growing trend in #business meetings, whereby in assisting the conveyance of a key point, acronyms are being replaced by the elongated version. I had one guy using “Central Business District” today in lieu of CBD, and the end result was astounding. He smiled charismatically at each of the 3 clients present, refixing his stare on each separate word.

Central.

Business.

District.

The whole boardroom bellowed an inaudible roar of approval.

I shall be adopting this technique moving forward. Unnecessary acronyms are now considered* to be synonymous with the fallow years of world #business, and it’s time their use in #business meetings was ended.

If anyone needs any further public speaking tips, please do not hesitate to drop me a private message, and I’d be happy to help.

*by me[/QUOTE]

:clap:

I fucking hate acronyms and the cunts that use them

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1101287, member: 686”]I use the verb “backlogging” sporadically throughout the day.

Shit that won’t get done in time.[/QUOTE]
I prefer to call it “workload”. It feels less threatening.

We reached an ‘All Pencils Down’ milestone today.

Congratulations

Being upfront about it Fran, I could have done with a few more hours… I’m a bit of a perfectionist, it will be fine I am sure.

Some APAC minion just said he would KIV for my meeting invite. What’s KIV - keep in view/vision? I think I will ask for English to be added to his training plan.

:rolleyes: