Cork GAA 2016

That is Cork GAA

We want LIAM

What do you men think of Diarmuid O’Sullivan’s appointment as assistant coach ? Was he the man who masterminded the u16 All Ireland win, or was he a puppet to a greater power ?

There is no masterminding in those comps. They only get together every now and then.

That was a CB dealbreaker by all accounts, Kingston was told No Sully No job.

I’d say he’d be a good lad to give a lad a clip around the ear but would still be a good lad to sympathise also.

Hopefully. He could be brilliant, never heard any complaint from anyone he coached although other coaches voiced doubts. However one should always take what coaches ssy about other coaches with a pinch of salt. Jealousy and insecurity would be strong in those circles.

Interesting to see his reaction if and when brother needs to be dropped. Too many lads freewheeling on the panel. Needed some new faces but looks like they are just not there. Not yet anyway.

Ya hard to know if they are there.
Paudie is long past it.

One feels the injury done him a mischief sadly in that department.

Hurling squad for league. Quite uninspiring, little change and Cian Mac. He is not the required standard, has has several go’s at it. He is not good enough, why not try someone young?

Club bias and nepotism really is not a good starting block for building a solid team.

Expect nothing and you may be pleasently surprised. I don’t expect to be surprised.

Yes, it was a dreadful injury, and he had a couple. Talented no doubt, unlucky maybe, up to it now? I would astounded if he made an impact.

Twomey and Meade will get their chances. I can only go by what I saw a few years back, but Brosnan was always super-inconsistent, a stronger but less talented Naughton. Leahy I’m going by what I heard - that is that he is very much like Cian Mac - I must have seen him play before but can’t place him.

Apparently Lawton is highly rated by this (and the last) management and is apparently the fittest player in the squad by some distance. Egan, we’ll see. I think he has something to offer. The others I agree with, injuries really fucked O’Farrell.

Anyway I’m sure you can quibble over this lad not being in, and this lad being in, but its hardly going to make much of a difference. This management, like the last one, will have to make do with limited talent and its too early yet to tell if they can bring them anywhere.

Leahy? He is an excellent player. As is Looney from Aghada but he might be in LC i’m not sure but got no go. Their approach to it is a joke. How can lads with 35 or 50 mins in January impress enough to make a panel? Its a weak regressive management again, Cork always had balls and gave people a real chance.
Luke Meade - 35 & 25 mins opportunity. He is clearly a summer hurler, but bring him in for the last game or two when things speed up a bit. He is talented.
Brosnan - Better player than Cian Mac and has just as good ball winning ability. Was absolutely superb the 3 times i ssw the Glen last year. Hard as nails and can score. Has things to iron out but they seem too lazy/unsure how to/under too much pressure to work on players weaknesses.
Conor Twomey - Regarded as the best defender in the championship last year. Got bits of 2 games.

Thats 4 there with some potential. There are more, but they are inly given token chances.

Who is in thats a waste of time;
Lawton
Luke O’Farrell
Cian Mac
Willian Egan (ffs)
Paudi O’Sullivan

And Joyce being in us a total insult to the others. From what i heard he is nowhere near ready.

Killkenny try lads out in real games, competitive fast moving league games. Cork are dumb. Repeating the same failed ligic over and over.

This was my reply, not sure how it ended up there.

Its the whole approach is my biggest gripe.

You know at this stage what Cian Mac can do and fair enough he will win ball, but thats about it. Brosnan is a taller version who at least at club level can score. He covers the ground better than CM too. But you will never find out if these guys are up to it playing Munster league in january and keeping soors open for injured players instead of carrying these guys is simply madness.

What i see them doing is mimicking other teams and keeping the score down and having the odd performance over 2 years and then KK moving on and no progression having been made.

Sean Og taking over Na Piarsaigh hurlers and footballers.

Wow.
Unless he has great support team around him it could go South very quickly. By all accounts they have massive issues and in-fighting. And as someone who has seen what that can do up close they are dam lucky the relegation has been adjusted.

Only good thing is the centrality (is that a word) of it, having the same manager can work well.

I’ve spoken to a Na Piarsaigh man and he says there is no such in fighting.

I’ve spoken to more than one, and they say there is.

The results speak for themselves.

But people lie, all the time.

I hate liars too