Ireland politics (Part 1)

I’m partying with this fucker at the Picnic in a few weeks time, it’ll be off the chain.

Don’t get arrested :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Every group needs a fall guy. This fella is ideal.

1 Like

I gave ‘Beefy’ my first preference vote in the last general election and I’d do it again. Beefy is keeping it real. Nothing to see here.

Looks like those bastards in Europe are going to try to force Apple to pay back taxes to us of anything between 100m and 19bn, but it’s ok, our Government have said they are going to fight this EU oppression the whole way.

1 Like

Apple need that money a lot more than we do mate.

if only theyd fought as hard at bailout time, or when the bailout was decided as spending rather than investment

It looks like the TTIP has collapsed… great fucking news. Of course our ham headed leader was caught on the wrong side. This is great news for the environment, Labour laws, food quality and most importantly, freedom.

Fuck, I read that first as TIPP

1 Like

Ming the merciless strikes again

1 Like

Wonderful news. Three cheers for people power. Hip hip hooray. Hip hip hooray. Hip hip hooray

15bn is what the EU have decided (13bn plus interest & penalties).

We should invest every cent in infastructure

The bastards are trying to force us to take €15bn!

Kenny won’t take this lying down. He’ll put Merkel back in her box. No way will they foist this massive windfall on us.

We don’t want enough money to cover the entire health budget for a year.
We don’t want to build a rail link to Dublin Airport, a motorway between Limerick & Cork, increase the numbers of frontline Doctors and nurses, build a new childrens hostpital, no fucking way. If they make us take this money we’ll be looking at a “brexit” vote of our own.

1 Like

It is the Applexit that concerns

Is their facility not in Cork?

Fuck em. They employ 5,500 people here. We could give each of them a million quid and still have the bones of €10 billion left over.

2 Likes

Absurd, depressing situation. They’ll imprison people over an unpaid tv license, but will do everything in their power to avoid the receipt of $10B+ in unpaid taxes. They were trying to claim a while ago that it was at most $150m they could be owed.

1 Like

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0830/812819-apple-tax-ireland/

Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade Charlie Flanagan has said Ireland did not give any favourable tax treatment to Apple, saying “we don’t do deals with corporations”.

Speaking on RTÉ’s Today with Sean O’Rourke, Mr Flanagan said he and and the Government “disagrees profoundly” with the analysis of the European Commission on the matter. :joy:

1 Like

Hmmm, where are you going with this?

They have to be seen as defending the tax deals as there is a lot of jobs and investment on the line

1 Like