Ireland politics (Part 1)

Fuck Cork?

It is a bit bigger than that

We’ll use the money to build a motorway between Limerick and Cork, that should be worth a few thousand jobs in construction. Plus think of the benefits to Munster Rugby

$30 billion would probably cover Apple’s wage bill in Cork for 100 years.

I think what I was trying to say was… fuck um

1 Like

Guardian is reporting that “Even if Apple pays back millions to the Irish state under EU rules, the windfall gains in 2016 or 2017 will only be allowed to further reduce Ireland’s national debt.”

Fuck um.

That’s true, but we can increase spending on the other side on the back of it

We would be better off if Brussels handled this one for us.

2 Likes

We need Brussels to come down on us like a ton of bricks here and “force” us to take the money. Then Enda can just say to his buddy Tim “sorry, they made us do it”.

While we all party like fuck again.

What are we looking at, about 2-3 grand each? We don’t have to give it to the cunts in the prisons either, anyone with more than 7 penalty points can be cut out, anyone over 70, they’re cut too. We could get a tidy enough sum out of this yet.

1 Like

Or cunts who fucked off to Australia when the going got tough.

3 Likes

We should use a large chunk of the money to build a statue of Michael Noonan on O’Connell street

1 Like

They’re cut too.

Anyone in mortgage arrears of over 2 years, they’re cut.

They are going to be sending all the forelock tuggers out to bat over the next few weeks. From George Hook to Miriam O’Callaghan, they’ll all be insisting that it would be irresponsible for us to go looking for this money.

The optics are dreadful though. Noonan and Kenny have to stand over both the USC and budget cuts while refusing to consider $30Bn in revenue? This is bordering on treason.

4 Likes

We can now afford to rehire John Tierney. He can be as incompetent as ever and we will still get a spanking new water infrastructure. We will also be able to fix it when it goes horribly wrong. And we’ll be able to fund an inquiry in how it went so wrong.

1 Like

It’s all becoming a bit clearer. Kaiser playing as fast and loose with the truth as I have ever heard. “apple are the only company investigated, the EU are happy with everything else”
As against the Rte economics editor informing that across the EU, over 1000 companies are under investigation. How many route through here I wonder.

Nothing to see here. We are a nation who proudly didn’t ask for a handout when we were in trouble. We don’t need this handout either…:persevere:

Check your pms

Time to join the Brits