Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Do you know your left from your right ?

Ah yes. That’s the one. Fond memories of that spot. Just a small drive to Tralee and the real holiday starts.
’ any messing and ye’ll be left here and we’ll collect ye on the way home’ always tell the kids that.

You should have tried that one in Askeaton. They wouldn’t have been long copping on.

1 Like

Ah for fuck sake Brimmer if you’d told us you were one of our own you could have reaped the benefits of being an honorary member of the TFK west Limerick society. You’ll have to give us some more details than that though. What club did you play for?

1 Like

You’re right pal. Years back I worked out West Limerick way. The Foynes crowd always thought they were better than the rest of the West. They loved being from Foynes and everywhere else could fuck off as far as they were concerned

2 Likes

Pallas … Please don’t hate me.
I was young and needy.

1 Like

The Foynes crowd are genuinely a little bit weird. Plenty sound lads etc. but as a group they are a strange bunch. It must be something out that way though because the Glin crowd are the same.

:open_mouth:

A tricky one that. They play in the city division so I’m not sure you qualify.

Unfortunately Brimmer you’ll have to join the TFK City Division grouping so. It’s got the likes of @glasagusban, @ChocolateMice and @AppleCrumbled in it. None of them have ever picked up a Hurley in their lives though so you could go straight in as leader. I doubt there’s much you could do with them unfortunately, silk purse etc.

1 Like

Could I be immediately opt out of that group ?
My stock on TFK is low enough as it is. I fear that to be associated with those lads could be the end of my TFK life.

1 Like

I played a couple of years for a real West club Brimmer, I never lived out there but threw my lot in with my wife’s parish for a while after moving north, similar issues as yourself with initial mistrust and language barrier but a great experience in the long run.

Ah ye are all coming out of the woodwork tonight. What club did you play for?

I enjoyed it. That didn’t haven’t any real interest in hurling as such. Get in and hit. hit again. and again. If you actually struck the ball during that scenario you’d start the next day.
Nothing wrong with that btw.

You never told us that you played under Teege and Clarkey

3 Likes

Deep in the west mate, it’s my wife’s parish and I know loads there so I won’t advertise it too much but I’d have flagged it here a good few times.

Ag college??

1 Like

Do you want my name and address altogether buddy.

1 Like

You’re up late. I thought you lived in Ireland.

Just wondering what was wrong with the one in monaghan or cavan that’s all

West Limerick people are sound stock. Sure haven’t I west Limerick blood meself

1 Like